Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe ID number different? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Just a tenant

Hello
Can you guys in the know please help me out to put my mind at ease? Im a private tenant and
I have just checked my historical gas safety records for the property I live in. There are three. 1 that was here and the engineer ID is blank. Could it still have been/be valid as a historical 2 year one ? Then for the next two the name of the engineer is the same but the ID numbers are different. All certs are for august every year with no lapses but its obviously been a while since the ladt one and its possible the engineer has renewed his membership since. How long is the gas safe ID valid for? Does it change when you/your company renew?
The gas safe "check an engineer" website only returns both ID's as invalid but does not point out that it may only have expired.
Many thanks

We get a new license number each year. The registration number should be the same though, if he's put that on.

1 could be the company one and 1 could be the engineer id

Seems suspicious to me if they are reg numbers and coming up invalid on gassafe site

thank you for your prompt reply. So the engineers Id does change every time ? good. Or bad as I allready reported my landlord to hse! Dont I feel stupid, but im going to raise that with hse.
When you say registration number, do you mean serial ID? or the businness ID?
thanks again

does anyone active right now have an expired id they can please check and see what happens? or if you feel like it, just post your expired id here and i will do it
thanks again.

hmmm serial numbers for the engineer is also different for but business id is the same. ...
the plot thickens.

yeah the business id checks out, its a real company. But i was thinking my agency faked the renewal certificate took a valid gas business name and copied the engineer name and just filled in any old number. ( yeah theyre like that) i was not here when the guy cme so dont know who they really sent. If i sound paranoid, its because I know them:smile:

You do sound a bit paranoid to be honest. Is there something with your gas appliances that you're actually concerned about?

ok, last one. dont the business itself also have to re-register every year? does anyone know if they keep the same ID? and what is the serial number for?please ?

its a long irellavant story but my lettings agents are real bad people, just believe me and go from there please. So im checking everything now. so what are the odds that the company is called gase safe ....... & ******* and the engineers surname is the same as my boilers make?
then theres two different engineer IDs two different serial numbers and none of it checks out on the gas safe "check an engineer" site. NOW I know the numbers change but they can make that bit clearer to the general public.Can you imagine how angry I've been for the last few days that I have "fake " certificates when it was all a misunderstanding?

last one was for applumbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The business registration number will remain the same as long as the company re registers itself every year. The licence number changes every year and every engineer has their own licence number.

If you really want peace of mind give Gas Safe a call. I'm sure they get these type of enquiries all the time and should be able to confirm the guys past numbers.

On the flip side his having different numbers should comfort you that he's up to date with his training and qualifications.

If you really want peace of mind give Gas Safe a call. I'm sure they get these type of enquiries all the time and should be able to confirm the guys past numbers.

On the flip side his having different numbers should comfort you that he's up to date with his training and qualifications.
Yes but i have concerns that the engineer is called johnny heatline or brendan vokera or norman ravenheat [emoji10]

Gas registration numbers stay the same but the ID number changes every year so don't worry,

Call the company & ask if they have attended the property... A dodge landlord could easily buy one of our certificate packs & complete bogus info if they were really that stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe ID number different? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock