Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe engineers PLEASE READ!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Shaun Highcock, I am 28 years old I live in Bourne Lincolnshire and have recently started my own small plumbing business. I am looking towards gaining my acs gas qualification but need a reliable local-ish gas engineer to gain some work evidence with... un-paid if necessary, although I have 8 years experience and all of my own tools. I say unpaid experience as i am very keen to obtain my qualifications and could offer 1 or 2 days a week to help on installs/ maintenance jobs and hopefully servicing etc. I would prefer to be paid a small amount to cover fuel costs although if this is cheeky i am willing to pay this myself.

I am sure if someone out there (a reputable company) was willing to give me a chance they would be able to make good use of my skills, experience and reliability. I have worked alongside engineers with previous employers before and found i was always used for cheap labour and never got the chance to gain adequate evidence, more than likely to keep me on a lower wage and so that i was unable to one day become there competition! I have good work references if required and would very much welcome any chances or training that a company has to offer. I am hard working, reliable, punctual, proactive and most of all i carry out my work to the highest of standards. I am customer focused polite and never leave the a work place untidy.

I hope this thread finds the right person who can and is willing to help me out, I offer sincerity, my skills and experience in return for more experience to obtain my much need ACS gas qualification.

I hope to hear from someone soon

Yours faithfully
Shaun Highcock

if youve 8 years experience surely you know of local engineers you can hassle for help or offer you assistance, most people are normally happy to help out unless they are so worried you might poach their customers! better the devil you know etc etc Hit the merchants at 8 am, might work if someone looks in need of help, good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I have worked with local engineers and am currently building a portfolio of evidence but am looking to gain as much evidence as possible. Anyone who I have called or have spoken in person too doesn't seem to be interested! also others that I have walked away from I wouldn't want to gain evidence with as there work is not to what I would call industry standard, now if i am not qualified and defo don't know everything and if i can pick silly little faults nothing dangerous of course! do I really want to hand that evidence to an assessor? I'm genuine and want to get the best experience and evidence possible so that I can be the best I can be. Is this so bad?

not being funny mate, but when you need someone to sign off a portfolio, you cant be too fussy, get the signatures knowing you will do better in future then walk away, beggars cant be choosers in the current climate, it will only be for a month or so during a lifetime of doing it properly

I know exactly what your saying! I never meant to sound ungrateful and i was definitely not begging. I was offering my help on jobs for free to gain good evidence and as varied as is humanly possible! the gas industry does not want a half cop engineer but a fully experienced professional which is what I am attempting to achieve. no worries I thought it was probably a bad idea posting such a thread but I work on the basis you don't ask then you don't get. I could only try and i will now take a different approach. Thank you for your opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe engineers PLEASE READ!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock