Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Pipework Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-gas

I went out to a gas hob installation today and when carrying out a tightness test the gas meter pipework fittings were all done with solder ring fittings, I've never seen gas pipework done with solder ring yorkshire fittings before, is this allowed? I've never come across this when I was doing my GS training and can not find a definitive answer online. Does anybody have any information on the law regarding this?

I went out to a gas hob installation today and when carrying out a tightness test the gas meter pipework fittings were all done with solder ring fittings, I've never seen gas pipework done with solder ring yorkshire fittings before, is this allowed? I've never come across this when I was doing my GS training and can not find a definitive answer online. Does anybody have any information on the law regarding this?

is this a joke?

and it is ok as its soldered

is this a joke?

and it is ok as its soldered

I genuinely didn't know if solder ring was allowed as never used them before and never seen them used on gas pipe before, seems very much like a DIY job when you see solder ring used. May seem like a simple question but had to ask because it was bugging me.

I genuinely didn't know if solder ring was allowed as never used them before and never seen them used on gas pipe before, seems very much like a DIY job when you see solder ring used. May seem like a simple question but had to ask because it was bugging me.

how old are you out of interest and how did you get into this game?

Yorkshire fittings only come with a solder ring. Yorkshire fittings without the solder ring are called end feed. Both are suitable for gas.

:eek:mg_smile::whatchutalkingabout:speechless:

I suppose the fact that you are questioning it is a good thing but ffs don't write it out a ticket or the next guy along will rip you a new rse.

I realise you may be new to the trade but the sad thing is the the std of training you have had.
There is a book out there called BS6891. 10 minutes on google and you will find a free copy then read it.

Solder ring fittings scream anything but DIY. A DIY job to me is compression fittings with PTFE on the threads.

Soldered joints are the preferred choice for gas pipes, how do you think gas work is done under floors etc where your not allowed to use compression???

used these fittings for years on gas, When we were doing council house up-grades (New Heating) Council insisted that all gas pipe work used Yorkshire Fittings (Solder Ring) everything else on system used cheep end-feed

Got to be a pizz take!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Pipework Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock