Search the forum,

Discuss gas pipe running underground , what are the regs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no intention on doing this myself as i am a joiner,
i would like to know any cons to putting a propane bottle to cooker gas pipe underground appose to having it running around my house wall, ?
just some advice on the regulatons and the extra cost on materials would be much appreciated?
i would assume it would have to go in a protective sleeve?
does the cold effect gas like it does water?

thanks
Mike

Fine if done right I would say get a lpg gas engineer out to price for the works

Yes it can be done, needs to be a min depth and other rules to apply depending on distance may be a idea to use TracPipe (S/Steel) flexible and would be NO joints under ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas pipe running underground , what are the regs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes behind the electrical CU which I'm due to have replaced soon. We are looking to cut the old pipe out, but trying to working out what material it's...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't help as there is no loss of water pressure and it's beyond the pavement. The tarmac at both corners are often damp, the front corner looks like the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock