Search the forum,

Discuss Gas or plumbing apprenticeship help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scottmattheou

Hello, I needed a bit of advice. I would love a career in gas or plumbing, mostly gas but i know they both over lap at times and i can go onto more training when needed. I have left it a bit late as i am 21 and i know straight from school is the best times for apprenticeships or training. Is there any advice I can receive on getting a apprenticeship or training, i do work at the moment in retail just for the bills so i know i cant get free training but i have heard you need experience to start in a apprenticeship. Any help would be lovely. I live in london/essex if that helps.
Thank you

i know you need some form on site of experience to go for your gas. Think you may have to be employed to complete a plumbing apprenticeship (both will need some form of portfolio). hang fire i'm sure somebody will be along soon to go in depth with you.

Thank you for the reply, I do think my next step is email around for work experience. I have been emailing around for aapprenticeship buy all stating there not a big company and that

Do what I have done. Give up your day job when you have enough savings to keep you a float. Then write a cover letter explaining your life and why plumbing has become an interest to you.then post it off to at as many companies in your area. Then go personally to companies asking to speak to the boss.
then go and ask for any plumbing experience as you want to focus your career on this subject.

If someone does give you work experience remember its for free and that your lucky that he is not charging you as it's an opportunity of a life time that it's hard to find. Keep showing your eager and still keen. Help with bring tools in from the van, get some knowledge around some tools. knowing what tools he will need before he thinks so your one step ahead.which will show your understanding. It will be hard at times but you will need to think of the future and if someone does take you on. There sacrificing there income and there time and trust.
It will cost £40,000 or more to put you to attend college for 4 years without any funding and it will be coming out of your bosses pocket.
im 30 years old and last year that's what I did and Now I've been working for the past 6 months and I'll be starting college in August.
My advice grab what you can but I'd personally try and find a plumber who is self employed rather than a big company. As you will learn more from a one man band.
I'm up in the highlands. It's the 3rd year you learn about gas so if that's what you want you will need to make sure who takes you on is gas safe registered !

or go to travis perkins and leave your details for a plumbers helper.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas or plumbing apprenticeship help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock