Search the forum,

Discuss Gas oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Hi guys I'm really stuck. I priced for a job to replace a boiler running on gas oil. Red diesel I am replacing it with a SE warmflow floor standing combi to run on gas oil red diesel It's in a factory so it's excempt from being HE . Can I come off the back of the boiler and discharge at low level ??? Also do I need to drop a nozzle size or jiggle the pump pressure I'm really confused I've fitted HE boilers on 28 second but this is the hardest one I've tried to do many thanks in advance Pete

Hi guys I'm really stuck. I priced for a job to replace a boiler running on gas oil. Red diesel I am replacing it with a SE warmflow floor standing combi to run on gas oil red diesel It's in a factory so it's excempt from being HE . Can I come off the back of the boiler and discharge at low level ???

Yes, just make sure you've a cage around the terminal to prevent people burning themselves

Also do I need to drop a nozzle size or jiggle the pump pressure I'm really confused I've fitted HE boilers on 28 second but this is the hardest one I've tried to do many thanks in advance Pete

I've put the SE manual in my drop box, I'll pm the link to you in a miute, look at page 28, all there for you buddy!

If burning gas oil the flue must terminate at least 6ft from ground level.

Ok really confused now the really old one that's there is vertical flue the new one I'm hoping to put though the wall and discharge low level with a cadge its going to discharge into the factory yard by the docks help now please very lost with all this

No confusion you cant do it.
[DLMURL]http://warmflow.tpsrv.co.uk//media/1332429868SEmanual.pdf[/DLMURL]
Page 5 says you cannot use the low level flue supplied and the flue gases must terminate at least 2m above ground level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm really thankfully to all you guys for your help I would have really ffffed this up if I'm honest I'm going to do some more research scratch my head ect many thanks pete

No confusion you cant do it.
[DLMURL]http://warmflow.tpsrv.co.uk//media/1332429868SEmanual.pdf[/DLMURL]
Page 5 says you cannot use the low level flue supplied and the flue gases must terminate at least 2m above ground level.

tooth fairy may be a fake but the flue fairy is for real, thanks for that kimbo, one to note for farmer installed oilys

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys can I use I l 5 inch or do I have to use S I L 5 inch. being told so many diffent things from my suppliers warm flow are no help. They say class one or two Is there gas and oil flue ????? Standard efficentcy boiler running on red diesel this is the most complex job I've ever done help please

It's in a factory about 9 meters I'm really stuck had a huge price for S IL HELP

You could if the phone wasn't in the van. Left it in there tonight and it's absolutely chucking (had to be careful there, thought we were in the arms :) ) it down so it can stay put for a while.

I've always used a couple of lengths of stove enamel to get it up high enough and then out through the wall.

Don't know if you could use 1 length of stove enamel and then onto a stainless flexi flue and up. Then box in the stainless with some concrete board using metal studwork? Never had to get something that high as 99% of mine is domestic.

That's so helpfull thanks so much mate really am great full

Yea ill sort later it was so much work I had to drop a nozzle size fiddle with the pump 97 quid a meter for flue stressed

Well got a call today boilers not working. Ok what's the pressure on. 0 bar ok top it up and it will work. An hour later 0 bar So I said you must have a leak on a rad no we haven't ok I said is my boiler or any of my pipes leaking no so I said I've connected onto your system as stated. We're not paying till its fixed how do I sort this outs??? Not happy

Did you have a disclaimer in your paperwork regarding the existing system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock