Search the forum,

Discuss Gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Morning guys, just a quick message, out where I'm working I noticed a small lever on the side of the gas meter with like a green handle on it, I've never seen one like that before and the guy was telling me the engineer that did his central heating system had problems with it, said unless he held the small lever over to one side the gas wouldn't flow through and soon as he let it go it sprung back and isolated the gas. What kind of meter was that and what's the lever for??

Sounds like a medium pressure setup

becaus eyou need to know how to reset the valveyou cant just turn on, follow the instructions

Guess he's never come across a medium pressure before

used to get a lot around Dartmoor area, but they seem to be replacing them, don't come across them very much now.

Think I come across maybe 4 MP meters this year in my travels.
Still a few around.
Heard they are set to make a return in some areas.

MP domestic meters are usually in rural or semi rural areas where there isnt an LP main in the road but there is an MP one. Note that MP can be upto 2 Barg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock