Search the forum,

Discuss Gas meter regulator position ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across a job today and I can’t seem to find anything in my book to say it’s wrong?

Basically the gas meter box is out side with an ecv and regulator which has then been attached to pipework which I then followed to come into the property

when it runs into the property there is an ecv which is then connected to the gas meter which is then piped to the gas appliances no all gas used is accounted for but what I would like to know is does the regulator not need to be directly attached to the gas meter ? I am looking through the 8th edition book and can’t see anything in writing I do understand that a test point shall be fitted within 300mm of the downstream but I can’t see anything regarding on regulators must be attached to the meters? I can also state that this is the primary gas meter for the property and not the secondary one

Any help would be appreciated as I have always been led to believe that the regulator is attached to the meter but I can’t see this in my book

Quiet common, normally when the utility's have moved the meter from externally to internally

And reg is fine where it is (think of a secondary meter )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas meter regulator position ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock