Search the forum,

Discuss Gas meter information in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbo2777

Hello all,

Firstly, I apologise if this isn't posted in the correct section.

I've been invited to an interview with SSE for a meter installer role. I am qualified in MET1, however, I have zero real experience working with meters. Its been well over a year since I passed, and I cannot find my notes anywhere!

I was wondering if anyone had any useful links to anything relevant that I could use to revise and remind myself of the correct procedures etc that they will expect me to demonstrate during a practical assessment.

Thanks in advance!

I'd imagine its straight forward old meter out new meter in TT and go, obviously with temp bonding and making sure the meters installed correctly filling in paper work and sticking shear bolt on

All the usual stull when doing general gas work.

Built over mains
Fall safe
Labels
Support
Corrosion
Earth size position
Uncommisioned appliances - cap off at meter
Purge and relight

So on and so forth

Well with some places at least lol (utilita) i was gonna sub for have an auditing place dip sampling afterwards.
Spoke to a lad who grafted on it and the auditors earned/justified their keep.
I ended up knocking it back as the money was karp and too many penaltys if you gave it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all that replied!

Just want to get it all fresh in my head. nerves more than anything.

As for customer service skills, my plan is to show them printouts of my feedback from customers on Checkatrade.com - the proof is in the pudding.

On that note, if any of you are self employed then I would highly recommend signing up with checkatrade. Its the only form of advertising I use now and is so much better than local magazine etc.

Thanks again!

Build your post count up to 10+, then send gasman a private message how to join the gas private forum.

As for the interview, they will know if they want you within a couple of minutes of talking to you. Appearances are everything.

If they like you, they will probably present you with a few scenarios and get you to take them through the steps required.

Just remember - they will be big on safety - so make sure you do everything by the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas meter information in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock