Search the forum,

Discuss gas meter cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

hi all,

I went to complete a job (in a flat) after vokera condemned a boiler as the flue wasnt sealed in the wall. This is now resolved. The place has had a cp12 issued for the last five years even with the hole in the wall. The kitchen is small (around 10m3) and has no openble window and a hob which does not have a fsd there is an extractor fn direct to outside which i believe would replace the need for an openable door / window (as long as the extraction rate was strong enough for a 7.5kw hob). what concerns me is there is no internal aecv and the meter is about 6m. When i asked for access to the meter cupboard the tennt went to get the ""!!!! communal key!!!!!!!""""" this really worried me so I have not issued a certificate; my concern is if there is only one key and this is 20m away would this supercede the 6m rule as the meter cant be accessed, would her having her own (meter key cupboard key) key resolve this issue or do i have to put in an additional aecv in the property. Its the original pipework.

Thanks in advance

Eddie

needs a secondary ecv if in locked room

thnks all
the residents on third floor ech floor has a meter cupboard with access via a fb key.

Eddie

sorry for the confusion the other threads closed the computer said it hadnt posted so i re typed it all

If you look at the latest version of BS6189 this is now supposed to be specific as to when an AECV is required. I ve just had a similar only the flat was 1st floor and meter was a semi concealed right outside the front door, closer than it is on my own house, the new Bs now states that an AECV is required.

needs a secondary ecv if in locked room

It needs an AECV if the meter is remote from the flat it feeds, no access to the mani ecv makes the installation AR, whether there is a valve in the flat or not

If you look at the latest version of BS6189 this is now supposed to be specific as to when an AECV is required. I ve just had a similar only the flat was 1st floor and meter was a semi concealed right outside the front door, closer than it is on my own house, the new Bs now states that an AECV is required.

An AECV is required when the meter is remote from the property it feeds, so upstairs flat needs one as meter will be secured to downstairs flat, an AECV must be between 450-1450mm from the floor for new installs

dont like the sound of that hob, needs openable door or window to outside

i thought the only way an extractor fan made that legal is if the gas pipe had a solenoid which only opened if the fan was on like in a commercial kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas meter cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock