Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yo1

Just thought id ask, was doing a TT that showed up a 3 mbar drop in pressure. Isolated the boiler and still dropped, then traced the leak using gas sniffer and found it on a threaded fitting below the hob.
Any ideas if anything would need to to be done as I found were the leak was coming from, but it was within the tolerance and no smell of gas and on pipe work so I think its fine to leave it on for the owners to to deal with getting it repaired.

NO its on pipework so NO drop allowed !!! you will either have to repair it or cap off their gas until it is repaired with permission this is a ID situation you shouldn't of left it like that, you should have issued Warnings and capped off gas.

Last edited:
appliances only so if you isolate appliances you are allowed NO permissable drop this is basic stuff how long you been doing gas ?

You obviously dont know what your talking about then.

cant you read ? he has already said you ARE NOT ALLOWED A DROP ON PIPEWORK, just fix the problem, probably take you 5 minutes

I think it should be mandatory that anyone who wants to discuss gas issues on here should use their own name and state where they live/trade.

Yo1 you shouldn't be working on gas. You've proven yourself to be incompetent.

i'm sure if we did know your gas safe ID a few people may decide to report you aswell as you are dangerously incompetent

Any way how do you know I am incompetent from one post? I was asking something to find out, and anyway I didn't leave it switched on.

ok thats why i asked..

You need a lot more training mate; not just for the public's sake but for your own as well.
You need to get this addressed before you do anymore gas work. No one knows everything but we should all know the basics which you've demonstrated you don't.

How do you know?? I was asking, I know if there is a drop then its ok untill you isolate the appliance, just from what i read on this site i gathered that its the appliances that arnt meant to have any drop what so ever and existing installation can.

gas leaks under hobs is one of the more dangerous ones, as once they start cooking things can start to blow up..

ive seen it first hand, but the one i looked at only leaked gas while the hob was in use, the flames shot out the front between the 5mm gap, between worktop and oven and set her hair a light.. if you know where it is why dont you just fix it..

based on your judgement of an ID situation, thats why I believe your incompetent

How do you know?? I was asking, I know if there is a drop then its ok untill you isolate the appliance, just from what i read on this site i gathered that its the appliances that arnt meant to have any drop what so ever and existing installation can.

have you got a link to where you found that.. you're not gas safe at all, you're just getting all the info off here..

It only took one post. Not recognising that a gas leak on pipework isn't permissible and is an ID situation is pretty much the definition of incompetent.

We're not picking on you but you represent a massive liability to the public, yourself and the trade. If I knew you're gas safe number I would report you and I would hope any gas engineer would do the same to me if I were in your position.

well it was just a situation that I wanted a suggestion on as what other people thought..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea right I believe you NOT
I hope for any customer that you may have you get reported

I am very competent anyway, and so what I wanted to ask something as I am competent, and no I didn't leave it on cheers for the info..

I am very competent anyway, and so what I wanted to ask something as I am competent, and no I didn't leave it on cheers for the info..

but the post you have put in does not say that you are competent gas engineer at all ! better say nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
whats your gas safe number? as i find it hard to believe you have one? this must be a wind up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock