Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Inspection? - selling home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newby

Dear Corgi Folk

Looking for help. Am selling home in the coming year. My present boiler is quite old (I've been here 8 years - it was here (new) when I bought) but still working. Do I now need a Corgi Inspection of some sort for my Home Information Pack? I've got no paperwork at all - not sure what paperwork is now required.....does any inspection also clear the rads..

Thanks for any help

I do quite a lot of work for an estate agent and I have not been asked to carry out inspections or issue certificates as a matter of routine - only when a prospective purchaser raises concerns about all or part of the installation. However in this climate I would at the very least have the boiler serviced. The last thing you need is any negatives in the mind of a prospective purchaser.

the home information pack (HIPS) is a report based on the energy performance of the property. eg double glazing insulation etc. its gives ratings to guide the buyer on running costs for heating etc. you are under no obligation to have the boiler checked or serviced, it will however, be an advantage to have them done to help the sale. in 10 years of being corgi registered i have never been asked to check an installation either by a buyer or a seller of a property. which , is quite a gamble by the purchaser ! its like buying a car and not having the engine looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Inspection? - selling home in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock