Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Hob Connection Problem Please Can You Help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlameWorx

Good morning to you all, I was asked yesterday to fit a new hob for a customer. On arrival I could see the 1/2" connection on the underside but no other fittings to get it on to copper. The fitting on the hob is 1/2" parallel thread with a flat union surface. I have fitted many hobs in the past and they have always had a fitting which takes it back to copper but the kitchen fitter seems to think there wasn't one with this one. Its a Ikea special so no idea how to get spare parts, the instructions are a waste of time, they say connection is to be made with rigid copper or alternativly stainless steel pipe???? Not sure what that could be, maybe trac pipe, not sure. Any help to find a union fitting would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Have you got a GSR number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes thanks its 524385 but I can tell you anything really cant I. I think your method of answering my posts are floored. I have been a gas engineer for ten years, even if I had never seen a gas manual or sat my ACS exams I could look at the gas safe register online that is available for public viewing and get any name, address and number of any company in the uk. Do you still want to answer my question or do you still fear I may me a cowboy trying to risk my own freedom and other peoples lives?

sorry about some of the replies flameWorks from one our members that I have edited out

Does sound like the kitchen fitter maybe threw away the fitting ,which would probably been in the bag with the instructions
hopefully ces has steered you in the right direction

Last edited by a moderator:
I too believe that the inlet elbow for the hob has gone missing.

You couldn't get these one bit but recently i have been getting two in the bag so now i have a load in the van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Hob Connection Problem Please Can You Help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock