Search the forum,

Discuss Gas fire with gap at the top in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommmmmmm

Hi,

Selling my house so got a chap round to do the gas safe certs on the boilers, all fine. He is a look at the fire but wasn't sure on the look of it. It passed all the tests he did but he said he didn't do enough fires to be able to sign it off with what he saw. I have the installation certificate from ten years ago so I contacted the chap who put it in and he said it looks fine to him. I obviously don't want something unsafe signing off, but likewise I don't want it failing and doing work if it's actually fine as is.

Can you let me know how it looks, expected cost to fix (if required) and sign off?

I'm in leeds ls25 if someone can give me a good quote for doing it.

20170623_083831.jpg

20170623_081722.jpg

Doesn't look right to me either

If your selling couldn't you have the fire capped and leave it in place

Your best getting a price from a local gas safe engy that's good with fires

Thanks for the reply. I thought the fighter might have just being saying it was fine as he did the work. Don't want to leave anyone with something dangerous, even if he would sign it off.

Good point about getting it capped. What can I expect to pay for capping and a gas safe cert?

Thanks for the reply. I thought the fighter might have just being saying it was fine as he did the work. Don't want to leave anyone with something dangerous, even if he would sign it off.

Good point about getting it capped. What can I expect to pay for capping and a gas safe cert?

Best ask the guy you had for the test but shouldn't be that much (under £60) ball park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire with gap at the top in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock