Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Engineers Toolbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats a feathersplitter m8 ?. one of the best tools I have is a 4 inch adjustable which is ideal for thermocouple and loads of other stuff plus a tang mini rachet set with about 30 bits , Gold dust I had been struggling for years until i found this tool

A feather splitter is a bolster chisel used to split the feathers on floorboards when lifting them.

Going from memory ( i'm only in it 50 times a day) this is what i have in my main box.

Screwdrivers, every size and type i could every need about 15 - 20 of them.
Pipeslices 15, 22 and 28mm (2 x 15 and 2 x 22mm)
Pipecutters, Rigid up to 42mm
Estwing
Feathersplitter
Woodchisels, 1/4" 1/2" 3/4" 1" 1 1/4"
Footprints, 9" and 12"
Knipex Alligators 180mm, 2 x 250mm, 1 x 300mm
Knipex Cobra's 250mm
Knipex smooth jaw grips 250mm.
Bacho adjustables 4" and 8"
4lb club hammer
Cold chisels, 9" 12" and 18"
Multimeter
Test lamp
Socket tester
Knipex pliars, 8" side cut, 4" long nose and wire strippers.
Another old pair of pliars i've had for 20 years!
Circlip pliars
Allen keys, 2 sets
T Bar allen key
Bending springs 8, 10 and 15mm
15 and 22mm guides
Stanley knife and a box of blades.
Half round file and a rasp.
A couple of short rsed drifts.
A load of speed bits in various sizes.
A load of masonary bits 5mm - 25mm
Some metal drills.
A pad saw
A set of metric spanners
A smoke match holder.
2 junior hacksaws, 1 cut back for tight working.
The usual half cwt of screws nuts rings bolts washers and fittings and a few more things i've missed.

There is another box in the van with stuff i don't use much and about another 6 boxes in the garage.

I never carry my own box :lol:
mind the paintwork getting it in the house... Snapon2.jpg

I think one of the best tools for saving time and making money has to be a wet and dry hoover, I went to a job where the customer thought there was a major problem that I fixed within minutes removing an airlock on the hot water . The customer was delighted and so way I, used it yesterday to suck out water in a stopcock pit , cannot recommend enought

I think one of the best tools for saving time and making money has to be a wet and dry hoover, I went to a job where the customer thought there was a major problem that I fixed within minutes removing an airlock on the hot water . The customer was delighted and so way I, used it yesterday to suck out water in a stopcock pit , cannot recommend enought
The only downside is that it does not fit in the toolbox, but is a decent tool when its needed

yes you are correct but an ipad could :17:, Something which I have been meaning to do is remove all the screw drivers that I do not use and I dont know why they dont put a mark on the handle to tell if its posi of flat as i find i pick the wrong one up sometimes

yes you are correct but an ipad could :17:, Something which I have been meaning to do is remove all the screw drivers that I do not use and I dont know why they dont put a mark on the handle to tell if its posi of flat as i find i pick the wrong one up sometimes
Snap on screwdrivers print the blade on the handle but I know what you mean.

I bought one of those snap on rachet screwdrivers that the handle rotates around to become a pistol. I have only gone and lost the insert so looks like i will be on ebay, I have a cable stripper from draper that a mate bought for me from an electrical shop. This tool will strip cable flex and wire with a sissor action I have shown them to sparks before and they were amazed and had not seen them before . The guy in the shop did not know you could strip nearly anything with these , That thing of holding a wire and struggling to strip a wire is a thing of the past

I bought one of those snap on rachet screwdrivers that the handle rotates around to become a pistol. I have only gone and lost the insert so looks like i will be on ebay, I have a cable stripper from draper that a mate bought for me from an electrical shop. This tool will strip cable flex and wire with a sissor action I have shown them to sparks before and they were amazed and had not seen them before . The guy in the shop did not know you could strip nearly anything with these , That thing of holding a wire and struggling to strip a wire is a thing of the past

photo please ?

this is not the same one i am talking about but it rotates so you can have it like the picture or normal

I was told on my last gas course that the regs for stiffness on a ECV was that a five year child should be able to turn it off so if anyone has one spare that will fit in my box i would be grateful

bits of copper pipe, dust, screws, empty ptfe rolls,old wire wool,pipe clips,olives 300 rad keys, spare change, spilt pot of boss white, pack of durex cause u never know some desperate house want u to lie on her!!

I was told on my last gas course that the regs for stiffness on a ECV was that a five year child should be able to turn it off so if anyone has one spare that will fit in my box i would be grateful

you could get in to so much trouble for them words , lol :)

set screwdrivers,set pliers,set allen keys, spanners,grips,stilson,drill,bits,Ugauge,meter,thermometer,gas,CO,CO2 detectors,wire brush,torch,ladder,documentation and labels, wife to make tea and carry anything heavy ie toolbag and ladder

[h=1]Snap-On 5-position handle ratcheting screwdriver[/h]this is the one I have I dont know if this is a link or not

I have it in my tool box but have to get spare shanks for it, I always hate the idea or undoing 12 or more screws on a ravenheat, Has anyone got the snap on rocket which runs on a 9 volt battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Engineers Toolbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock