Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Engineer needed in Fleet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chellens

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer to do a gas safe cert for a boiler. Long story but work was completed 10 years ago on an extension. The work was completed by a British Gas engineer (on the side) who never registered the work with corgi and has since passed away. The house is currently up for sale and building control will not do the final sign off without someone recommissioning the work. A gas safety inspection has been done but I am really struggling to find someone!
If anyone can help I would be most appreciative.

Last edited by a moderator:
:D sorry to say you won't

Gas safe told me to ask about an indemnity but said that I would need to get the engineer to explain that to me? Don't suppose you could please?

Gas safe told me to ask about an indemnity but said that I would need to get the engineer to explain that to me? Don't suppose you could please?

In what contex ? Insurance wise ???

And plus one for a new boiler is the only way round I can see

Thank you for the suggestion.

She couldn't explain to me in what context even though I asked? When I asked all I was told is that the engineer would be able to explain that to me!
This isn't actually my house, it's my brother in laws but he works abroad so I look after things here for him. His house sale is turning in to a nightmare for me!

Put simply, an indemnity policy is essentially a one off insurance to protect the purchaser. If they move into the house and the whole gas carcass is substandard or dangerous the insurance would kicking and foot the repairs. However like all insurance there are lots of T & C's.
As previously said you will struggle to find anyone who will sign a recommisson so ask your solicitor to sort the indemnity out, they are not normally that expensive and will save time in the transaction.

This isn't the sub forum for discussion.

If you can help, please contact the op direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Engineer needed in Fleet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock