Search the forum,

Discuss Gas detectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

splinterdream

Does anyone own a decent gas detector that they can recommend because i'm getting a bit sick of the unreliabilty of your anglo nordics and such like. They're either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. Would really like a gascoseeker mk2 but at 1500 grand or taking a chance on ebay there doesn't seem to be many alternatives.

thanks for any suggestions?

Anton sprint FGA with gas detector ace piece of kit does everything I need

What did you want to use it for. I doubt a gasco will do what you want

The hydrogen things that transco use are the !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swear again and your banned

Last edited by a moderator:
Little bit ott? If you got a problem just say there is no need to make a point of it on the forum. But since u started I may aswell continue

And if u don't like me don't read my posts

I find that dihydrogen monoxide with a dash of fairy and a 1/2" paint brush is usualy pretty cheap!!!!!

I find that dihydrogen monoxide with a dash of fairy and a 1/2" paint brush is usualy pretty cheap!!!!!

Umm NO

Rocol or centre brand leak detector

Fairy liquid is a major no no as it is petroleum based and can have an adverse effect of rubber seals causing them to degrade from the time of applying

Bs approved, correct leak detectors are not that expensive and when your playing with people's lives money shouldn't come in to it

but its kind to yer hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao!!!

Especially if u use the aloe Vera. It'll smell nicer too when your finished

Just watch out for the dihydrogen monoxide!! Serious stuff that is

was there a bit of handbags going on on this thread and some posts removed ???

just use your lighter that always seems to work lol JOKING OF COURSE !!!

you get gas detectors with the likes of the KANE 455 CPA1 kit, I have used the Kane one a few times although not too sure about its reliability or quality

I am ex BG. I have experience using a gascoseeker and trained with it doing evacuation training. They can pinpoint a leak with incredible accuracy because they tell you the level of gas leaking. If you stick on of those anglo nordics or there equivalant near two possible points of a leak, for example the fan gaskets on a ferroli optimax 31c, you cant tell which one is leaking because they just go off the scale. I'm looking for something that measures the levels of gas in the atmosphere (LEL) rather than just a bleeper

i use anton gas sniffer ,is only ÂŁ120 .00 had it for a two year now ,has well paid for it self

I use the Kane one for generally looking and then LDF to pinpoint the leak.

Of course, MY pipework never leaks so there! :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

I use the Kane one for generally looking and then LDF to pinpoint the leak.

Of course, MY pipework never leaks so there! :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Touching your wooden desk after you posted this? :p

This is where the dog in a cage comes in handy again. I got a leak detector with my Kane kit. It makes you look real important with it clicking away like a geiger counter, then it laeds you, clicking faster and faster, to a woman on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor with disinfectant.:iamwithstupid:

I am ex BG. I have experience using a gascoseeker and trained with it doing evacuation training. They can pinpoint a leak with incredible accuracy because they tell you the level of gas leaking. If you stick on of those anglo nordics or there equivalant near two possible points of a leak, for example the fan gaskets on a ferroli optimax 31c, you cant tell which one is leaking because they just go off the scale. I'm looking for something that measures the levels of gas in the atmosphere (LEL) rather than just a bleeper
see your point i have the regin sniffer its to sensitive

I need a Gascoseeker for testing and purging for commercial work. Is the Gascoseeker the only piece of equipment able to measure the % of natural gas in air? Or are there other options?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas detectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock