Search the forum,

Discuss Gas cooker back adaptor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Judy

hi folks I'm not a plumber and I'm not proposing to do anything myself I just want some advice.

I have just got a new cooker to replace my old slot in one. The old one had a lip at the back and space for the hose/gas pipe, this on has a flat back and stands proud of kitchen units. Ive used the company I bought it from for years they are an old well established firm, they said that all slot in cookers have these same flat backs now. However, in the cooker manual it talks about an adaptor backplate but I can't find any info anywhere about anything like this. I just wanted to kniw if anyone on here has met this issue and found a solution to it. The cooker is about 4-5cm proud of the kitchen units so there is a big gap down the back. It seems an odd design to me?

Hi Judy, welcome.

Please post some photos if you can so they guys can help you more accurately.

I ma guessing you currently have this:

3-4in-BSP-PF-x-22-mm-end-feed-backplate-2_7196_L_1.jpg

whereas you need this:
parallel-thread-wall-connector-end-feed-1-2in-bsp-parallel-f-x-15-mm-i-d_6047_L_1.jpg

??

Reactions: Dan
IMG_0069.JPG
Hi Judy and welcome to the forum,,,,The fittings required are among these,

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, you want one parallel to the wall. Also a lot of cookers need the backplate in a specific position to allow the cooker to go back

Hi judy. A picture would be good. Or as stated above if you get a Gas Safe Engineer to install the cooker and tell them before they get there that the cooker point may need adapting and explain your situation he/she should bring the parts with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas cooker back adaptor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock