Search the forum,

Discuss Gas certificate for gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
this is my first time on forum,

Hello to all expertise,

I recently became a Gas Safe registered engineer, but there is a lot to learn in a job field.

I am currently doing gas certificate for a customer, I manage to do Gas rate boiler, taking flue performance analysis co/co2 ratio which is fine but when I look at hob there was no make and model , so how can I fill gas certificate without those details, I know it is underneath of gas hob but that means I have to remove oven and check underneath.
I just need to how you guys overcome these problems when filling gas certificate. Please help
Techno007

You need to remove the oven to check how the hob is piped anyway.

Don't take it for granted it's been done correctly, we've seen tap flexis used before now.....

You need to remove the oven to check how the hob is piped anyway.

Don't take it for granted it's been done correctly, we've seen tap flexis used before now.....

Remove the oven and check the data badge, it will give you the make and model and most importantly the data you need to see if it gas rates correctly. Whilst the oven is removed then you can also do a visual inspection on the pipe work.

Surely this was covered in training???

To be honest. This is somthing you should have been covered in training and work experience. Common sense would say you need to remove the cooker. How do you know what the connection is? This should be checked. When removed, you will find the data plate.

IMG_1026.jpg

Always check under Hobs and behind cookers ! How it should not be done found this last week

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas certificate for gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock