Search the forum,

Discuss Gas apprenticeship revision and help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Spencer

Hello first post on here and it's a bit of a cry for help. In November I'm due to finish my 3 year has apprenticeship, and in all honesty I feel lost and I am struggling with my exams. This hasn't gone unnoticed by my learning mentor and also my employer. To cut a long story short I've not put 100% in over the last 3 years and it's bitten me on my rear. Now I have 2 ways I can deal with this I can be put back another year or really give it a push and qualify in November as you can imagine finishing in November is what I hope for. The reason for this post is I was wondering if anyone has any revision material or useful websites for me to look at on anything to do with the gas in domestic properties. I appreciate I only have myself to blame for this.

Thanks

Chris

With some graft you could do Nov.

Read as much as you can from anything and everything

Try get hold of the NICEIC domestic Gas safety books, CSkills awards they come with your ACS package

We have a sub-forum specifically for gas trainees. Raise your post count to 100 and PM some evidence that you're a bona fide gas trainee to the admins. There's a lot of useful information in there..

As townfanjon says, get the varying up to date books and get your head down. If you feel you are that far off or cannot commit to every night catching up then maybe it's best you drop back a year as if you scrape through then not always a good way to start.

I used to run apprentice programmes and it was regular for a guy to due an extra year so they could really learn the stuff they should have picked up over the 3 years. If you are gonna go for it then I would test myself on all the main topics in your books and highlight the questions and answers.

If you are way behind then I wonder if your evidence is up to date and you have a fit for purpose folder; if you don;t have this either then you have have a real task ahead and you probably want some realistic advice from your lecturer's.

Good luck mate.

Sorry, didn't mention any websites:

GB Gas From what I understand they do an online training site for the ACS.
Gas Support Services Found this new one the other day that has a lot of wiring diagrams so you can get used to them.

I would focus on your books first and test yourself.

Thanks everyone for your helpful replys. DaveTidy, thank you for the websites I will be sure to check both of them out. I've just ordered to NECEIC Books hopefully by reading through that a few times i should be able to drum it into myself. I realise I have a mission on my hand but I will lee you all informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas apprenticeship revision and help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do appreciated for any advices . MOD* Please use the forum PM Service to contact members! Thanks!
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi i wonder if anybody can help with my query, the only gas appliance i have is a ideal Mexico super cf455 boiler, historically my gas usage was 12kwatts a year it is now double that figure at around 24,000 kwh, the boiler is only on for very short amounts of time as in not left on all...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock