Discuss Gas and Electricity Regs Thoughts - Poorly installed hob/Socket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
WP_20170320_012.jpg

Hi all,
I was asked to quote to fit a cooker hood and splash back due to complaints from the tenants of grease.
Apart from the obvious wrong paint being used on the walls hence the grease marks, there is the hob/socket issue.

I understand the Electrical Regs is a recommended 300mm from sinks/cookers/hobs etc. This does not meet that recommendation.

What are the gas regs anyone? I'm trying to get the letting agents to understand the danger. The tenant has admitted, they've used a mains hand whisk using that socket whilst cooking on the hob.

Ideas, thoughts and suggestions all welcome. The property is reasonably modern. Definitely in the last 20 years but I think a lot earlier.

Regards to all

yes too close should be a min of inline with the side/end

Sorry for the latte reply to this. The letting agents have confirmed the property has an up to gas cert and a "recent" electricity inspection.

It would appear from replies on here and elsewhere that it's acceptable from both a gas and electrical points of view. It's not getting burnt, and although it's not 300mm from the edge of the hob, that's ok because it's a recommended distance not mandatory. Thrown it back to the letting agents. Had enough of it.

thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas and Electricity Regs Thoughts - Poorly installed hob/Socket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back