Search the forum,

Discuss Gap at Boiler Flue - Potterton Suprima 50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

We have new kitchen installed and had the boiler covered by a kitchen cupboard.

However, the flue was previously boxed in and the installer has removed this. The gap from the flue is now causing a draught and making the kitchen colder than it was previously.

Is it safe to fill in this gap? What should I use?

Thanks in advance
14ce49l.jpg

Drewb

Any chance of a pic ?

Ta

Yes should be filled in a internally and externally

Any chance of a pic from outside ?

Definitely filled in as shaun has already mentioned and perhaps a rubber collar put around. If it's outside the same then you have got a high chance that flue gases could come back into the property.

I think outside is ok. We have had the boiler since we moved into the house as a new build 16 years ago.

What should I use to fill the gap - mortar mix?

https://i.*********/Prth0Wd.jpg

Yea that will do also might be worth having the boiler serviced

Also remove the piece of cement from the outside of the internal flue

Also something not right if there's draught come from there, would understand if there was a hole outside

Boiler is directly below a small porch roof so I suspect the draught is coming from the roof and down the wall cavity. It wasn't an issue when the flue pipe was boxed in.

Boiler is directly below a small porch roof so I suspect the draught is coming from the roof and down the wall cavity. It wasn't an issue when the flue pipe was boxed in.

If wind can get in water can also just be mindful of this

If wind can get in water can also just be mindful of this
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm maybe overstating it as a 'draught'. Perhaps cold air from the external wall / roof is a better description. I wouldn't blow disturb a sheet of a4 for anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gap at Boiler Flue - Potterton Suprima 50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock