Search the forum,

Discuss G3 qualified plumber needed in Horsham, West Sussex. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomcs

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice to help solve a v annoying problem. Plumbing is not my strong point.

I live in a 3 story town house. The water pressure to the house seems very good, I live just on the edge of a major town in the south-east.

The house is fitted with an 'Oso' ? unvented hot water cylinder, with a small red pressurised cylinder fitted just above it which has a pressure gauge (sits at around 2 bar).

The problem we have is there seems to be restrictions in water volume and flow rate somewhere and I have no idea where to start, and plumbers I have had in previously don't seem to have any solutions.

The water pressure to the top floor is such that if I turn the shower on and then turn on the cold tap, the shower stops flowing almost completely. We could certainly never consider using the first and second floor showers together as neither one would have any water!!

This apparent unexplained lack of water availability also results in major temp variations if ANY water source is used whilst I am having a shower.

I have taken a picture of the valve block just upstream of the mains stopcock under the kitchen sink as I think it might be something? Or the only other thing I have thought of is the balancing valve is wrongly setup!?

Here is the picture:

The valve looks broken? Showing 10 bar??

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G3 qualified plumber needed in Horsham, West Sussex. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock