Search the forum,

Discuss G3 discharge material. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozak1968

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can we use Polyplumb PB for unvented discharge or is it only PEX plastic as an alternative to copper.

As far as I know its push fit as long as the manufacturer says its suitable . I stand to be corrected !!

No can't use plastic push fit pipe eg 15-22mm etc Needs to be high temp rated eg 100-110c

Either copper or waste pipe

I remember Chris Watkins saying about it on the G3 course but would like clarification of it. It would help out on some new build we are doing.

It appears that Polyplumb pipe is BS 7291 - 1 2010 which is suitable for unvented discharge pipe.

It appears that Polyplumb pipe is BS 7291 - 1 2010 which is suitable for unvented discharge pipe.

That's for supply and hot distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G3 discharge material. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I'm looking to install an unvented cylinder in my property. I initially hired a plumber who expressed interest in the job, but later cancelled, citing "building regulations" as the reason, specifically regarding the discharge pipe and its location. Subsequently, I reached out to my second...
Replies
Views
We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes behind the electrical CU which I'm due to have replaced soon. We are looking to cut the old pipe out, but trying to working out what material it's...
Replies
Views
S
Can the discharge and overflow pipes from a water softener go to surface water drainage (soakaway in my case) instead of foul? I'm first of all trying to find out if they are guidelines or in Building Regs, alternatively, I can probably run some calculations to compare how much regen water will...
Replies
Views
Hey guys not sure whether this has been answered elsewhere, I'm g3 but don't have access to the unvented section of the site. Just wondering whether pressfit is okay to use on discharge pipework, I can't find an answer for that, also someone said press fittings are treated as mechanical and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock