Search the forum,

Discuss Future of Corgi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apeman

What do you make of this then?

[DLMURL="http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/bidder.htm"]http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/bidder.htm[/DLMURL]

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Capita a TOTAL CROOKS> They turn every thing they touch into huge "Cash Cows"

THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE TRADE OR THE PUBLIC

this should not be handed over to the private sector> It is getting very messy

So what happens to the thousands of guys who've paid their cash to CORGI to be registered gas installers. Is their CORGI card no longer valid proof of competence? I'm not sure I understand what they're saying. After April 1st 2009 will the HSE no longer recognise CORGI installers as competent tradesmen?

to be honest they should be happy to pay into a scheme that works for them and the customer. To think that some of these guys have less than one years experience is mad.

Rumour around the campfire is that Capita will only be responsible for the gas register and that they're not interested in running the gas notification or Competent Person Scheme side of things. CORGI will therefore continue as the organisation to make notifications through.

On the plus side, this means that Capita SHOULD be able to concentrate on what's best for the installer/consumer without the distractions that have allowed CORGI to get into the highly unpopular position that it has.

On the down side, it means installers will have to be members of two seperate bodies - one for registration, the other for the notifications. Two memberships means two payments!! However, it is also rumoured that the gas notification side of things will be opened up to other Competent Person Scheme providers, so we can expect to see APHC & NAPIT and possibly a couple of others extending their current remit to become gas notification bodies. Hopefully the competition between these bodies will push the costs down.

I wouldn't be wholly surprised to see OFTEC make a move into this area too - especially now as it's not a legal requirement to be a member of OFTEC for oil installations anymore - since APHC and NICEIC were given approval for that back in January.

Of course the major downside to all of this is that there's quite a high level of consumer confidence in the name CORGI and it will be interesting to see what is done to re-educate the public. Lets hope it's more than has been done in the past.

Which campfire ?

I say its about time those robbin bstrds Corgi were taken to task. GWN what is that , lets not forget they just decided to foist it upon rgi and make it part of the rules of registration, under the guise of being part of the new HIP ...lol... all they did was make money, who has had a random inspection ( another lie ) come from GWN, and who wants their customers to be contacted by Corgi through GWN promoting their competent installers scheme members.

Corgi, smorgi, borgi, whatever... we are rgi and thats all the customrs need to know

It could be the end of all this gwn bllcks, not two schemes, as what authority will a body / company have if its not covered by any law as in the case of GWN, lets face it Corgi only had a mandate for registration from the hse the other stuff they dreamt up , now they have had their a**es kicked again ...hence losing the register, hurray I say.

Most of the Corgi guys will be working for Capita anyway ,I bet, so you will still be meeting your friendly inspectors.

Get over to the ARGI site all RGI and nothing else , they helped bring this change about, and about time too.

Last edited by a moderator:
the whole industry could not organize a Sod up in a off license.
school kids could do a better job.

all people have to do is attend a course, train and pass.
then they are legal for domestic gas work etc. All work should be documented and each year at least 2 jobs be checked.

I training group, one certificate and one payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Future of Corgi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock