Search the forum,

Discuss Funny Question On Heating+Ventilation NVQ2 Exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HTG-Apprentice

Hey, Got a weird one on a exam recently and i wanted to share and see what you guys come
up with.

Q:You want to close a gatevalve to drain down and the after performing maintience, the
valve wont open again do you:
A= Get a pair of stillsons and open it with force
B= Apply Heat and try to open
C=Drain down again and replace valve
D= SOME STUPID ANSWER (cant remember)

Now im commercial, and We would grab some stillys and try and open it,
if that didn't work change the valve, so I put A, never did find out if i got
it right or not, which answer would you have put?

Answer would probably be. ( C. ) change it , There expecting you to be professional , and make sure things work properly not force things or bodge things

D: Powerflush the system.

BG standard answer, advise custard to replace whole system as the gatevalve is obsolete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Funny Question On Heating+Ventilation NVQ2 Exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under the plug hole, quite thick. I jabbed it hard with a stick and it completely dislodged and got sent down the pipes. I tried the taps again and the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock