Search the forum,

Discuss Full Training course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

major leak

Hi, my first post so please be patient. Does anyone know if there is a course i can go on that will take me from good diyer to NVQ2 plumber and registered gas safe in one go.

Thanks

I'm not a plumber personally though we work close with a few training centre's and I think you'd need to speak to a couple to weigh up your options. Chances are it'll be a couple of courses and not just one.

Checkout The Construction Skills College Limited : Quality Training Courses in Plastering courses – Plumbing courses – Tiling courses – Electrical courses – Carpentry Courses – Joinery courses – Kitchen Fitting Courses – Bricklaying courses – Painting and Dec (they have a couple of centre's in the Midlands, so should be okay for you to get to them?) and then let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Sorry bud that is a major step up as you need experience to gain the nvq2 in industry prob 1 year even on fast track! then you will have to find someone to take you on and train you up after your nvq2 to get gas ! my experience says maybe £20000 and three to four years. Good luck

i paid £4900 which takes me up to nvq 3.. dont really know about £20000, probably trying to shy you away from the trade..i agree with the training part,i would not touch gas unless i was trained by a pro and felt 100% confident. hope this helps you in your endevours.;)

Hi, is that nvq 3 a full nvq or just nvq 3 plumbing studies did you do the nvq2 aswell as the portfolios?
Not having ago just wondered how these training centres worked took me 5 years to do nearly every plumbing qualification going and that was working with a plumber 35 hrs a week plus 1 day at collage? plus about 6k in fees.
Remember I'm not having a dig just curious?

Last edited by a moderator:
reactfast apparently claim they can do this for around £15k?
check online

you can sit your acs assesments, with training, and help for your portfolio for less than 4k. you do have to be competent mind you, the college wont pass you if they think your not.

as for the plumbing side, see our approved plumbing courses forum.

good luck
shaun

Thanks for the info guys, i'll do do some more research

Cheers

you wont gert your gas safe unless you have min level2 nvq,
called the the other day and thats wot they said.
so all done in order.

redsaw, soz but your information isnt correct,
i served my apprentiship in spain, (20 years ago) my paperwork that says im a plumber in spanish isnt recognized here.
you can sit your acs gas assesments as a cat 2. all you have to do is build a portfolio of 30 or so pics of you working on gas supervised by a gas safe registered plumber who can sign your work off, you then use this as evidence. you can then sit the exams. (with extra training if you wish)
cat 3 students are peps with no previous plumbing or gas experience who have a lot of work to do.
cat 1 students. just topping up or repeating.

shaun

i paid £4900 which takes me up to nvq 3.. dont really know about £20000, probably trying to shy you away from the trade..i agree with the training part,i would not touch gas unless i was trained by a pro and felt 100% confident. hope this helps you in your endevours.;)
Yes but you can only get to level 3 if you are employed by somebody. I am saying £20000 because that is what it costs to set up on your own which will be his only option! And it is illegal to touch gas unless you are gas safe and had training by a qualified engineer which you work for.

yeh shaun, i know that. and thats what my understanding was as i tried to tell me mate. he then made a direct call to gas safe and asked what the minimum they would need for someone to sit the test for their own ticket, he was told that a minimum of nvq2 or they have no chance. either he was faking the call or gas safe are shifting the criteria, try the call yourself and let me know?.

redsaw you were right when you told your mate that.
gas safe still havnt got it quite together yet. the criteria hasnt changed.

one of my colleagues went to work on a 90kw boiler last week, he is only domestic qualified. the site manager rang gas safe to query this, and gas safe told him if it was a domestic boiler there is no problem!!
the site manager wasnt convinced and pulled his books out, then rang them again and informed them that the book says he can only work up to 70kw, gas safe then told him he was correct and the operative couldnt work on the installation.

dont believe what your told on the phone quite yet.

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Full Training course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock