Search the forum,

Discuss freezing of pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

don bagting

Hi.
I,m new in plumbing can anyone can tell me how thw best idea to freeze the pipe because i want to change my isolation valve in my house.
thanksand regards to all member.

Cesar

freezing pipes is ok for heating systems but not so good for mains pressure so if its just the domestic water turn the water off and drain the system

I second that good advice... I thought I would try to freeze mains water once , because I know best etc. I ended up with a bullet hole in the plasterboard wall where the ice plug shot out after i had cut the pipe. It was the quickest I ever put an ballofix on, in my whole career. Don't do it on mains. Thank god the customer was out and I mopped before anyone knew. Reason I did this was because the mains outside Stop tap was buried in silt, and the house valve was seized. I was being lazy. Never again.

don't use the canned freezing kits from b&q use a desent mains pipe freeze.
they will freeze alot longer and over a bigger area.

Thanks to all of you, really appreciated. i will try to isolate it in main pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to freezing of pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock