Search the forum,

Discuss Freebie Alert: SQUBE copper tube and fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i fell for it!!!! ba done!! but google it and there is such a thing!!!! so i dont know if that makes me a total idiot!!! as i did my own investigation work before sending ray a message regarding the price and sizes :( haha

i fell for it!!!! ba done!! but google it and there is such a thing!!!! so i dont know if that makes me a total idiot!!! as i did my own investigation work before sending ray a message regarding the price and sizes :( haha

In fairness, you took the hook, half the line, but not the sinker. Still no excuse for not querying the square thread bit though. I thought I might have overcooked it with that little detail, but I couldnt resist leaving it in. :)

I must be the dumbest person out there, I thought it sounded great! Until next year Ray - watch out!

Also on the innocent list, because they sussed out the gag but played along:

Keefy, Mike Jackson, Stoker122, Wheeto, SimonG and Ecowarm.

CentralHeatKing, Croppie and Tamz innocent of falling for it, but guilty of conspiracy to embarrass their fellow tradesmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Croppie, Ray and I spent quite a while gettin this together - Croppie as mod man , Ray was essential as he sells stuff and myself (i started it) as i really do design plumbing innovations - so it is ok to be scammed the 3 of us are all experts in our own fields - really glad all are happy.......centralheatking
I must be the dumbest person out there, I thought it sounded great! Until next year Ray - watch out!

Thanks to all for playing along ..centralheatking
Also on the innocent list, because they sussed out the gag but played along:

Keefy, Mike Jackson, Stoker122, Wheeto, SimonG and Ecowarm.

CentralHeatKing, Croppie and Tamz innocent of falling for it, but guilty of conspiracy to embarrass their fellow tradesmen.

The square thread bit was ace ...but not my idea sadly...chk
In fairness, you took the hook, half the line, but not the sinker. Still no excuse for not querying the square thread bit though. I thought I might have overcooked it with that little detail, but I couldnt resist leaving it in. :)

Didn't really have much to do. It was all Rob and Ray..... Being as I now know who fell for it!

I'd had 7 bottles of lager when this thread popped up and was also in the middle of writing up an official-looking draft copy of my own April Fool - "HMRC Unveils Plumbers Tax" which I intended to post this morning but after choking on my beer laughing at Rays OP decided it would be best to go along with the new SQUBE tube.

Thankfully I Sussed it early on but it did look like a great product! Last year the sun did a story about dart boards being made square from now on! I totally fell for it and rang my brother inlaw to see if he'd seen it. He told me I was a ***** and to ring him back when I'd grown a brain!

When I was a kid Blue Peter said everyone who owned a bike needed a bike license and needed to go the Post Office to get one so me and my cousin did, the queue was huge with kids on their BMX's moaning about how stupid it was.

I had a skin full of Murphys but that's no excuse.

There are square threads though in all fairness :)

I'm still yet to find out if TBServices was just playing along or he really thinks I was being horrible to him. Bit worried he's going to hold it against me forever.

I'm still yet to find out if TBServices was just playing along or he really thinks I was being horrible to him. Bit worried he's going to hold it against me forever.

Haha I read that bit and thought he sounded serious!

Men's Toiletries from ScrewFix: BodyFix

[DLMURL="https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/landing/nose/"]Google Nose[/DLMURL]

Hmmmm.... Do I mention that I spoke to another member of this site today who is also a plumber from Bolton and he's convinced this is real?
Nah I'd better not actually as he mentioned that he has a bag of freebies for me :hurray:

I was playing along........... Lol.

Just had another forum regular claiming his Sqube freebie! :)

I wonder how long this will run for...?

Come on Ray spill the beans!

I am giving those with red faces the opportunity to 'fess up and make their excuses. :)

I wouldn't want to embarrass a well known moderator and Landie owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freebie Alert: SQUBE copper tube and fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock