Search the forum,

Discuss Freebie Alert: Lowara A rated central heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
or change the title to "ha ha you missed out, lol"

I've got a couple standard 15-50's and one 15-60.

The only A rated I've fitted to date was in my own house, just to see what it's like. It's worked ok.

It's a Wilo, was cheap at Screwfix. It's noiser than the Grundfos I had in before, and you can hear it modulating down....but then I do need to fit an automatic bypass on my system!! Job for the summer.

I've got a couple standard 15-50's and one 15-60.

The only A rated I've fitted to date was in my own house, just to see what it's like. It's worked ok.

It's a Wilo, was cheap at Screwfix. It's noiser than the Grundfos I had in before, and you can hear it modulating down....but then I do need to fit an automatic bypass on my system!! Job for the summer.

Modulating pumps don't work well with an automatic bypass Danny better without as when modulate down can't open bypass anyway

Yeah, I've read up on it a bit. From what I gathered you should shut all rads down and then adjust the bypass to open....I've got a download from somewhere to read on the issue.

With my system I have two rads with no TRV's. One in the hallway, and one in the airing cupboard. Hence why I didn't fit a bypass, but I've read on here that having a couple of radiators with locksheilds doesn't guarantee enough of a flow rate when the others have a reduced flow rate. Anyway this is my house, and you know the old saying "a cobbler never mends his own shoes".....:)

Ill be quick enough to respond one day and win ! No doubt when it comes to me it will be a new brand of olive or somthing !

they seem to be getting better, My test will be a brand new boiler in a couple months!!

Oh yer u gotta be mcs after you done it ?
Sure someone would come up with an other course for a small fee soon if you keep planting ideas like that into the wrong heads. Mandatory of course.

By now one can not even open the van and take out the tools without a card.
(SNIJIB CSCS for safely carrying tools/leaving van). Mind the necessary self certification.

Sure someone would come up with an other course for a small fee soon if you keep planting ideas like that into the wrong heads. Mandatory of course.

By now one can not even open the van and take out the tools without a card.
(SNIJIB CSCS for safely carrying tools/leaving van). Mind the necessary self certification.

I don't know if its true or not but i heard you can only self certify if you have a sodding landrover :)

Has anyone fitted their free pump yet?

I am seeing the freebie donor next Tuesday, and it would be nice to have a few reviews to show him.

Thanks

Ray

Not yet, picked it up on Monday but it feels and looks well made. Proof of the pudding will be fitting it of course. Should be installed in a couple of weeks if not, I'll install it at home and give it a good workout!

actually going to job tomorrow aft ray.

are you still on those boiler offers?

Has anyone fitted their free pump yet?

I am seeing the freebie donor next Tuesday, and it would be nice to have a few reviews to show him.

Thanks

Ray

Sorry ray not had chance yet but will try to get it done at weekend and report back
Thanks

Didn't get a freebie but fitted one at home a while back, fitted easily would have preferred rubber joints but no biggie. Seems a bit quieter than previous 15-60.

Still in its box sorry Ray, actively looking for any excuse to fit it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freebie Alert: Lowara A rated central heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock