Search the forum,

Discuss Franke Ascona 1.5 bowl sink query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Ms M

Hi All

Kitchen is being installed. Plumbers have asked for the waste trap. Apparently it hasn't been supplid by Homebase as part of kitchen order. Gone into the local branch who say can only use a Franke waste trap because of the fittings and it's only supplied if their installers are used. It will take weeks to order from them. I've been googling for hours to see if I can get one locally today, with no joy. B&Q's website shows it is a clearance line and looks out of stock as they don't show a price.

Does anyone know if any other waste trap can be used apart from the Franke one? I can't understand why sell a sink if a vital part is so hard to track down.

Thanks Paul. The guys have finished for the day. They've said they will sort it. Not sure if they will get the Franke part or something else.

Although not right about how quickly I could get the waste trap, was the Homebase guy right about not being able to use one from another manuacturer?

Thanks Paul. The guys have finished for the day. They've said they will sort it. Not sure if they will get the Franke part or something else.

Although not right about how quickly I could get the waste trap, was the Homebase guy right about not being able to use one from another manuacturer?

Some other brand waste kits would do, so the Homebase guy is probably wrong.
But the overflow and waste parts that connect onto the sink can be specifically for the sink.
The fittings and trap that then connect are not essential to be from Franke, but normally I would recommend you use them. And they are decent quality IMO. They are designed to be fitted so the trap and manifold parts are at the rear of sink unit to leave space inside the unit.
Ordinary traps - say quality McAlpine stuff, will fit though

Depends which bits they're on about. The overflow and at least one basket strainer will have to be Franke/lira to suit the overflow in the franke sink but after the basket strainers I would personally not use a franke/lira trap kit but use a mcalpine sk1a trap kit instead.

Thanks guys. Looking at the sink the waste bit at the plughole area is there but not the bottle trap and pipes leading to it.

Yes it would be good to have more usable space under the sink. As it is a lot of the new base cabinets have a lot of sections cut out of them for gas meters etc. There is even a cut out for acces to a socket which unfortunately didn't get moved when the electrics were being sorted! So I hope that the guys can track down a Franke waste trap.

Thanks again for the information. This forum will be a favourite go to place for sound advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Franke Ascona 1.5 bowl sink query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock