Search the forum,

Discuss Forum spammers getting annoying! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys,

Firstly, apologies for not being around as much as I should be. We're here in the background dealing with things but generally don't have much time to chat in threads. We're getting a bit more time now so will be on more and more each week.

Secondly, wow, this spam is getting silly now. From time to time forums do go through these phases. The developers find a fix and then the spammers work around it. It's an ongoing thing. Seem to be losing the battle at the moment though.

We've just blocked the registrations of a few dozen email addresses that seem to be common with spammers, but no genuine members use. I've also enabled the Cloudflare filter, although I don't think it'll stop all of it as they appear to be humans registering rather than bots.

We will keep adding to the email list as and when they use knew addresses, but the problem is the likes of @gmail.com and @live.com etc are common ones used by genuine people spammers using those will still get through.

Keep reporting the spam and we'll keep removing it, and adding their emails to the system.

In the meantime I'm testing a few anti-spam registration systems to see which one works best, then will implement that across the network.

So hang in there for us. :)

List going atm of the past month is in the report section dan trying to get rid of them as fast as I can but they seem to learn as there posting 3:30-4am in the mornings now

Reactions: Dan
List going atm of the past month is in the report section dan trying to get rid of them as fast as I can but they seem to learn as there posting 3:30-4am in the mornings now
I have stopped adding you into them and don’t open them anymore shaun. Thought I wasn’t helping. Do you still
Want me to link them to you?

I have stopped adding you into them and don’t open them anymore shaun. Thought I wasn’t helping. Do you still
Want me to link them to you?

Upto you mate if you do come across any just press the report button

You already have a category of 'trusted' users. Perhaps you could give them a 'spammer' button that will nuke a new registrant if clicked by at least three trustees within, say, 24 hours of the accounts' first post?

This would help reduce the burden on Shaun Corbs and the admins.

On the right side under adverts my electricians forum bit is in Chinese ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Forum spammers getting annoying! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock