Search the forum,

Discuss Fordham toilet overfilling - what's wrong and how can it be fixed? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hayley

My toilet is constantly filling, I can always hear a trickle, this is resulting in the over flow pipe constantly dripping outside house. Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to fix this? Pictures attached. Thanks for any help

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

Replace the diaphragm washer in the ballcock. Turn water off, loosen big nut at the spout, the washer is in there. Or you could just screw in the adjustment screw a couple of turns to buy you some time.

Hi and welcome along,

I would rather change the whole bottom entry ballcock valve.
If you don't feel comfortable enough to change that on your own you can get professional help

............................ Or you could just screw in the adjustment screw a couple of turns to buy you some time.
Doesn`t look like there is a lot of adjustment there so think I would change the lot myself.

Forget the diaphram washer , as Matchless says swap the lot , but take it from me you need a plumber or a v good diy-er . You

would also change the siphon as well as it looks the same age

Where do you stop though. A new cistern could be bought for about 30 quid. Or a diaphragm washer for 10p. Just depends on your man skills :p

Where do you stop though. A new cistern could be bought for about 30 quid. Or a diaphragm washer for 10p. Just depends on your man skills :p

I gather you can lay your hands on one then .

So I roll up to a customer's and put a diaphram in , assuming I can get one , assuming I get the old one out before the ancient plastic threads strip as I try to remove the old one etc etc etc.

No , I turn up with a fluidmaster or a dudley , put one in , job done , with confidence, with a guarantee. Customer happy !!

I have dozens of washers here. Sell you one?
The op was just asking if there was anything he could do to stop his overflow.
With a bit of advice he could make a repair for very little.
You could answer every question on here with " get a plumber out and replace "

Yes mate I see your point , but looking at the age of that ball valve, for the " less grief in the future factor " it wants binning .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fordham toilet overfilling - what's wrong and how can it be fixed? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock