Search the forum,

Discuss Flue termination distances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'll be soon a qualified gas meter installer...
I came across many cases where I had to complete a A.R. report due to flue termination issues, distances from flue termination (RS appliances, boilers ...) and drain pipes, vertical or horizontal. With a fanned flue should it be 150mm yes or not? It doesn't look nice to turn off a boiler only because this distance is 50 or 100mm! would you ?
Thanks

first ask yourself if there is signs of heat damage etc..... then check the manufacturers istallation instructions for the boiler. You will have these anyway if your servicing the appliance.
clearances to opening are different of course. Ask those you have trained with and you can also phone gas safe tech for an opinion. if you dare!

first ask yourself if there is signs of heat damage etc... then check the manufacturers istallation instructions for the boiler. You will have these anyway if your servicing the appliance.
clearances to opening are different of course. Ask those you have trained with and you can also phone gas safe tech for an opinion. if you dare!

meter fitter

Haha. Even more important he/she reads manufacturers instructions then.

Had a customer have there fire at risked cus a meter fitter though the coals on the fire didn't look positioned very well. The customer had the instructions but it was just at risked because. Inexperience and pressure of high work load makes this type of thing more common now.

Ask your employer for or look in your training manual or download a copy of the gas safe TB,s on unsafe situations.

Hi all,
I'll be soon a qualified gas meter installer...
I came across many cases where I had to complete a A.R. report due to flue termination issues, distances from flue termination (RS appliances, boilers .) and drain pipes, vertical or horizontal. With a fanned flue should it be 150mm yes or not? It doesn't look nice to turn off a boiler only because this distance is 50 or 100mm! would you ?
Thanks

Before going ANY further,you need to consult the Unsafe procedures.

https://www.User PlumbersForums.net...ituations-procedure-april-2018-amendments.pdf

Who told you a flue too close to a drainpipe is AR? When you suggest you will turn off the boiler - what, precisely, do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue termination distances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock