Search the forum,

Discuss Flue problem / building control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I fitted a gas fire 3 months ago , run the flue to outside , I got a call from building control that the cast rain water pipe is too close too my flue , I went back to investigate , to find this image.jpgimage.jpg

was the hole/ slot there for the outlet?

if the rain water outlet appeared after you installed, aint your problem

On the flip side if the valley gutter was already in place but they hadn't fitted the hopper you shouldn't have fitted the flue their?

Seems pretty obvious what was going to happen n

The builders had cut groove in wall, and put gully underneath ,
when I was there it was just a flat wall ,

Not sure what's next move , it's a cast iron pipe going near the air intake ,,

sorry mate but its your fault and you should of asked whats the notch/ slot was for looks like you will be moving the flue :(

The original builders walked off ,
When I was there , there was no one on site who spoke English ,

As stated it was a flat wall , no sign off rain water pipe being fitted there , I'm not that bad not to notice cut out in parapet

You should've spotted that, but in your defence. It wasn't there when you did it, your of the hook dude.

They cut it out two months after I fitted fire ,, there's no where else it can go ,

The original builders walked off ,
When I was there , there was no one on site who spoke English ,

As stated it was a flat wall , no sign off rain water pipe being fitted there , I'm not that bad not to notice cut out in parapet

should of done more digging hay ho its been done now, now you either have to move the flue or find/make a bigger hopper and put the outlet on the left in-line with the pipe

Wots the minimum distance for that make of fire E4gas to rain water pipe that they need, can the hopper be moved up as high as it can go or is it a no go ?

Ignore me I just looked at pic again , whole pipe too close soz

Ignore me I just looked at pic again , whole pipe too close soz

It's a new cast iron down pipe , it's near the air intake, can't see it ever see it damaging the pipe ,

I think it's NCS ,,

Can you get a hopper made with a side outlet, not bottom
Don't know if it'll still be too close though even then

If that parapet wasn't cut and the copings and render were continuous when you fitted the fire, then in my eyes you're fine (better if you had photos or witnesses)
I'd tell the customer and building control that I would help them any way I could but, all my time/materials would be chargeable
I would say NCS as it is

If that parapet wasn't cut and the copings and render were continuous when you fitted the fire, then in my eyes you're fine (better if you had photos or witnesses)
I'd tell the customer and building control that I would help them any way I could but, all my time/materials would be chargeable
I would say NCS as it is

Agree totally, tell them get the builder back, let him sort his mess out.

am I missing something most balanced flue fires come with a short flue 1m max . that is high for a fire and from what I can see near ceiling height on a flat roof

am I missing something most balanced flue fires come with a short flue 1m max . that is high for a fire and from what I can see near ceiling height on a flat roof

The fire is set under the tv, it's fitted in fire proof wall & fitted to manufactures instructions

have you got a link to the manual a fire like that could be ideal with a customer I have

Aye I know there expensive, been fitting them for 8yrs about 4 month, best was the centro which took 9 of us to lift into place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue problem / building control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock