Search the forum,

Discuss Flue length for EWI - Ideal Vogue C32 combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luciani

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
Good evening,
First off I am not a plumber or heating engineer and have no intention of touching any part of the boiler. the boiler was recently installed by a local gas safe registered plumber. On the day I reminded him that this wall is to have external wall insulation applied to it - so 50mm of rigid insulation plus a thin coat render - around 60mm in total. I asked him to allow 50-60mm when fitting the flue and the 15mm copper vent pipe in the pictures. It's probably wrong of me to question it but I recognise how getting this wrong could potentially make the boiler unsafe and the EWI firm can't be expected to know. From the photos can anyone say whether it looks right? ie. if the flue and pipe become shortened by 50-60mm because of the wall insulation will they still project the correct amount?
Thanks to anyone who is able to help.

I think your tape measure answers that one. Looks a bit short to me.

Thanks APP. When you say a bit short - is it marginal would you guess - or clearly too short!

Is the external render being removed or insulated straight over?.

With the render being rough cast there is easy 15mm there if it is being removed thus flue length maybe ok but tight.

If insulation going straight over render then will need new flue fitting post insulation installation to correct measurements unless telescopic flue originally fitted where upon he may be able to adjust to comply with regs.

This is always the problem when trying to pre-empt other work when other variables outside your control can have an effect on your work.

I'm sure if you had a chat with him it will be easily resolved post insulation fitment,

Thanks,

Andy

but I recognise how getting this wrong could potentially make the boiler unsafe and the EWI firm can't be expected to know.

Oh YES they are expected to know and would be held liable if something went wrong as a result of work they had done eg making the boiler unsafe by restricting the Flue.

Hi Andy. Thank you. The rough cast is staying. So as you say I will need to ask him to look at it and as you suggest it may be best to do that once the ewi is done.

Thanks snow head. I take your point - I didn't mean to say they have no responsibility - I was saying that they might not be aware. Depends how reputable they are I guess!

They should all be aware in terms of covering vents flues and safety device discharges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue length for EWI - Ideal Vogue C32 combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock