Search the forum,

Discuss Flue Gas Analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2053

Just included CPA1 in my reassessments and now face daunting prospect of actually buying an FGA. What little info I have been able to find suggests I should buy the cheapest as I will have to throw the whole thing away in about three years and buy a new one. Unless I get a good reason not to then I will probably buy the Anton V1. This is currently for LPG/NG but I intend to branch into OFTEC territory in about 6 months as I have recently moved into a rural area.

Some idea of servicing and recalibration costs would be appreciated. I don't need the extras like diff press as I have those in seperate units.

Your experiences please!

Grahame

hi graham,

tutor i had when i went for my reasessments told me.......
the machine has to be calibrated annually, so beware of that cost, a cheaper machine normally is cheaper because they charge you 200 quid for the annual service
a more expensive machine can cost as little as 70 quid!
also make sure it can be used for all fuels you intend to use or might use in future

hope that helps some.

shaun

When I had my own analysers I used to use Anton to supply and service them. I used to use the Telegan Sprint and they generally cost £50-£100 a year to re-callibrate and change cells.

Mike

Thanks guys. I was under a bit of pressure as I had some jobs that need FGA later this week so I opted for the Telegan. Seems from the above I made the right choice! IT was the unit they used at PGL where I took my CPA1 and also seemed the best deal from Corgi direct. I have had personal responses from other gas guys who have used Kane and they were non too encouraging.

Hi
This is my first post on this forum, I am a self employed corgi engineer. I have just read through this thread and still wonder if anyone out there would actually reccommend an F.G.A. Is there one that is better than the rest including value for money :confused:

I am pleased with my Telegan V1.
Personally I didn't find anyone doing a better deal that CORGI Direct, much as I hate to think of them making profit out of me.

My Kane costs a fortune to maintain, The oxygen sensor needs replacing every year whether it is used or not.

Thank you fatoftheland and grahamep thats what i was looking for perhaps i should go back to a draegar testing kit, ha ha.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Gas Analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock