Search the forum,

Discuss Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernox now have their TF1 compact version out.

Hi bspareltd

A word of caution there. Branding, marketing and distribution all matter. I have lost count of the smart ideas and clever featured products that have crossed my desk and are now lost in obscurity. It ought to be the case that the best product wins, but that isn't the way the market operates.

If you put your product up against Magnaclean and TF1 at similar prices, even with a full on marketing campaign, you will struggle to get it off the ground. They have the advantage of having recovered their design and tooling costs, and so have the luxury of operating on marginal manufacturing cost if they so choose.

Most buyers will go with the brand names, and if they have a price war between themselves (and Sentinel) you are in danger of being crushed between them.

Sorry to sound negative, but the market is pitiless, particularly when two big players are at war.

Your words of wisdom are very true Ray. At API we produce innovative plumbing products which usually get sold to the big boys as patents/prototypes. With the filter market - its gettin crowded and there might be a price war as you say.

However an avenue we are going down early next year (not a filter product) is sellin direct to the end user - home owner or operator/landlord and then they can get the product fitted by their plumber rather than us rely on his opinion & salesmanship. They can buy the product direct from us or from merchants at the same price.

centralheatking

Our filter is currently going to start retailing at ÂŁ65 and the official online GAS SAFE distributor has taken this on .
This will be available from them on December the 17th , you can pre order if you like .
www.gassafetyshop.co.uk

Our filter is currently going to start retailing at ÂŁ65 and the official online GAS SAFE distributor has taken this on .
This will be available from them on December the 17th , you can pre order if you like .
www.gassafetyshop.co.uk

Hi bspareltd.

Congrats on getting that off the ground. A couple of questions:

Is that ÂŁ65 + VAT or inclusive?
You use the term "retail at..." - filters aren't usually a retail sale - is that really a trade price? Or can trade customers expect discounts?

I bet you are mighty relieved to have them on sale at last! Congrats again:party:

That is ÂŁ65 + vat , to answer your second question Ray if trade customers rang into the gassafety shop and gave their Gas safe registration number , I'm sure they would give you a better price if you were to buy more than one filter.
:28:
Hi bspareltd.

Congrats on getting that off the ground. A couple of questions:

Is that ÂŁ65 + VAT or inclusive?
You use the term "retail at..." - filters aren't usually a retail sale - is that really a trade price? Or can trade customers expect discounts?

I bet you are mighty relieved to have them on sale at last! Congrats again:party:

Last edited:
Well pal seen the advert in this months gas installer! Lets hope things move from here, keep us up to date, and remember the free samples lol

What do you think of the advert in the gas installers magazine , page 92 and a editorial in the industry innovation section page 86 .
Managed to do the same with Pham magazine but not with REGISTERED GAS ENGINNERS only a 1/4 page advert.
I will certainly be sending samples out , could you email me on [email protected] and i will be sending samples out in mid december

What do you think of the advert in the gas installers magazine , page 92 and a editorial in the industry innovation section page 86 .
Managed to do the same with Pham magazine but not with REGISTERED GAS ENGINNERS only a 1/4 page advert.
I will certainly be sending samples out , could you email me on [email protected] and i will be sending samples out in mid december

Clear and concise TBH, spotted it straight away! Shame about the MC PRO2 getting a full page ad! But then again ADEY are a marketing machine now!

from now i am officially dropping magnacleans and specifying trappex and the first one i get is going strait on my dads old baxi 80 eco,now my dad much like me,we dont do anything to our own boilers or systems until they,leak,die or explode so his systems a good test never been de-scaled,and is pumping what resembles oil around his system with lumpy bits and i have just unblocked his phex again my performas a bit better i de-scaled it 6 years ago LOL i even serviced it last month,pics will follow from my dads system

from now i am officially dropping magnacleans and specifying trappex and the first one i get is going strait on my dads old baxi 80 eco,now my dad much like me,we dont do anything to our own boilers or systems until they,leak,die or explode so his systems a good test never been de-scaled,and is pumping what resembles oil around his system with lumpy bits and i have just unblocked his phex again my performas a bit better i de-scaled it 6 years ago LOL i even serviced it last month,pics will follow from my dads system

Nice....we need pics....bought a sentinel eliminator to take to bits, magnets x4 look weedy........waiting for a system like your dads to try it on lol.

Changed the seal on a MC lid today just 1 year old, found when doing on ASV to boiler...

Nice....we need pics....bought a sentinel eliminator to take to bits, magnets x4 look weedy........waiting for a system like your dads to try it on lol.

Changed the seal on a MC lid today just 1 year old, found when doing on ASV to boiler...
done a filter clean on a tf1 fitted to a 2 year old potterton gold after doing a boiler service lid was peeing out

done a filter clean on a tf1 fitted to a 2 year old potterton gold after doing a boiler service lid was peeing out
It's getting to a point where RF stats and filters etc cause more hassle and call outs, as good and convenient as they are!
Going to give the Centramag a shot

This is why I have designed centramag ,so when you turn the lid , the rubber seal or o ring does not .There is a high chance of the lid leaking ,that is why we have opted for a rubber washer not a o ring , 2 reasons ........ rubber washer can be reused and has a greater cross section .

I havn't came across a leaky magnaclean yet (luckily) but like... the labels always seem to peel off on their own, and I know its not much to moan about, but it always bothers me

I tried TF1s for a while, Adey Magnacleans are far better and easier to fit, i get my in above the boiler next to the flue most times.
They do not collect everything, so if the system is really bad suck the F&E out with a wet and dry.
Also fit a strainer in just after the Magnaclean and do a rapid flush with a maganclense.

Job sorted.

This is why I have designed centramag ,so when you turn the lid , the rubber seal or o ring does not .There is a high chance of the lid leaking ,that is why we have opted for a rubber washer not a o ring , 2 reasons ........ rubber washer can be reused and has a greater cross section .

Any chance you could get approval by a boiler manufacturer?

I'm thinking of a company who manufactures in the UK, would be nice for marketing if you could put something like Approved by Ideal or Gas boiler manufacturers on your web site and labels.

Have you looked at the Irish market?

you would be able to use magnacleanse on our filter , as the valves are 3/4 bsp
I tried TF1s for a while, Adey Magnacleans are far better and easier to fit, i get my in above the boiler next to the flue most times.
They do not collect everything, so if the system is really bad suck the F&E out with a wet and dry.
Also fit a strainer in just after the Magnaclean and do a rapid flush with a maganclense.

Job sorted.

can you recommend any irish distributors ?

I'm thinking of a company who manufactures in the UK, would be nice for marketing if you could put something like Approved by Ideal or Gas boiler manufacturers on your web site and labels.

Gas Man, pretty sure your not meant to take the lid off on a TF1 when you service it, just remove the magnet and drain it.

Pete have a look at my new video , the benefits of Centramag
Centramag Filter - YouTube

Last edited:
I have one of these Trappex Centramag filters and first view they look very good, I will fit it tomorrow and see how we go.

fitted one today, no probs,will see in a year if its done its job :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 74
Has anyone had any issues with these centramag filters yet, any leaks etc?

more pics of one i put in, it was a new system, and was running 13 hrs approx and it caught this,
second pic is of solder which was in the bottom of filter, EEK ! carnt believe there is so much !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 30
Centramag is selling well in independent merchants and no complaints of leaks because the centramag lid uses a washer not a o ring as other filters are doing (more surface area )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock