Search the forum,

Discuss Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I think if you put the line "Designed and Made In Great Britain" on the holding page and if possible work it into the Centramag logo it can only do your product good as many people liker the idea of supporting Local Business.

I understand your site is only a holding a page at the moment but a PDF of instructions or even a one page brochure to download will keep you in visitors minds, maybe I am unusual but I tend to download such information and keep them in a folder on my desktop.
Next week we will put a video link on the website , so the workings of the product will be shown .
The video will also be on youtube and the website will be operational in 2 weeks time.

What do you think of the filter being in white . Is a good idea for CENTRAMAG to blend in with the white kitchen appliances ?

I like the idea of a white finish, so long as it is easy to wipe down and keep clean. When a certain brand leading competitor first showed me a white prototype, the finish was slightly "orange-peel" and I wondered if it would end up being gray. I think it needs a glossy finish.

On the "made-in-Britain" angle, I think that's definitely worth marketing, so long as you plan to keep it that way. If you end up selling hundreds of thousands, there will be a temptation to yield to cost pressures, and source manufacturing abroad. You may have made a rod for your own back, and would lose a lot of credibility if you later changed policy.

We have signed up a 8 year deal with the plastic injection molding company in nottingham , we stay loyal to local jobs and local services , rather than go out to china .

i have always valued your opinion , and taken your views on board.
The reason I have not optimised the TRAPPEX website, is because it is not up and running yet , sponsoring is a good idea.
What do you think of the filter being in white . Is a good idea for CENTRAMAG to blend in with the white kitchen appliances ?
Our plastic injection molding company in Nottingham is having the filters ready for the end of October , PLEASE NOTE MADE IN GB NOT CHINA .
When they are ready , i will post a filter out to you.

I like the idea of the filter in white. As others have said, fly the flag for MADE IN BRITAIN (like the Union Jack btw).

As previously mentioned, I think it would be good to have something on the filter about "boiler protection" - when it's spotted by lay people hanging off a pipe in a family/friends kitchen some folk will ask: "whats that white thing for?" If they get the answer: "it protects the boiler" they might decide to get one. Presumably you will have your website address on the filter label for anyone who wants to know more about its function, listed fitting agents, etc.

Looking forward to seeing your website, and that 3D graphic you splashed out on.

I like the idea of the filter in white. As others have said, fly the flag for MADE IN BRITAIN (like the Union Jack btw).

As previously mentioned, I think it would be good to have something on the filter about "boiler protection" - when it's spotted by lay people hanging off a pipe in a family/friends kitchen some folk will ask: "whats that white thing for?" If they get the answer: "it protects the boiler" they might decide to get one. Presumably you will have your website address on the filter label for anyone who wants to know more about its function, listed fitting agents, etc.

Looking forward to seeing your website, and that 3D graphic you splashed out on.
On the label it states "Effective magnetic and efficient non magnetic central heating filtration "
The label has gone to the printshop.
I wanted to show my product at the phex trade show in manchester and chelsea but there were no free places available, so i,m going to use the money to advertise in trade magazines and other forms of advertising

I thought ur device was already on sale with BES ? LETS HAVE A PICCY plse and can you
post a specification as I am sure we will all want to support you on here

centralheatking

I showed a protototype to the company that you are refering to in june and they are wanting 1000 pieces .If you go on www.trappex.co.uk , you would be able to see the product .
A video will be released , hopefully next week and I will contact you .
I can give you an idea of the product , this has a 10000 gauss magnet with a 10 year warranty and 2 year product warranty.
This has 5 dirt separators to catch non magnetic debris , flow management system ( water flows 5 times through the dirt separators) .Dosing point via a funnel and this filter is in white to match the white goods in the kitchen

Last edited:
Went to the phex show in manchester , discovered new contacts , that were serious about placing an order .
I showed them a 3d video . The down side is this video does not have any edited voice over , that will be finished off next week .
I enquired about placing a permanent advert on plumbers forum but had no reply .
So I have placed a 1/4 page advert in the november edition of the installer magazine and the december edition of the registered gas engineers (gas safe magazine).
Any other suggestions on marketing

Last edited:
Went to the phex show in manchester , discovered new contacts , that were serious about placing an order .
I showed them a 3d video . The down side is this video does not have any edited voice over , that will be finished off next week .
I enquired about placing a permanent advert on plumbers forum but had no reply .
So I have placed a 1/4 page advert in the november edition of the installer magazine and the december edition of the registered gas engineers (gas safe magazine).

How about ebay?

There are lots of established gas companies advertising on ebay with supply and fit new boiler deals, usually with the option of extras such as a filter.

You could do one for ÂŁxx, or six for ÂŁ***, etc. Plenty of DIY and trade customers.

ebay is the biggest shop window of them all these days.

I have thought of ebay but dont you think it may devalue the product ?
After all I have invested heavily , I dont really just want to put it on ebay.
How about ebay?

There are lots of established gas companies advertising on ebay with supply and fit new boiler deals, usually with the option of extras such as a filter.

You could do one for ÂŁxx, or six for ÂŁ***, etc. Plenty of DIY and trade customers.

ebay is the biggest shop window of them all these days.

Send me one in the post and if its good i'll tell all my friends, and add a review on here! :stooge_curly:

Looks similar to a magnaclean in design. What are they likely to cost to the installer?

we have a first batch of 1000 going out to a merchant :yes: , after we have fulfilled there order , i would be happy to give you a free sample to try out , lookout for our video in the next few weeks and let me know what you think of our filter.
Our price structure will be cheaper than magnaclean.
We have made all our filters in white , do you think we should manufacture them in black as well. :stooge_curly:

Last edited:

Merchants and distributors would run a mile from the product if the manufacturer was selling it direct on Ebay, or indeed selling it directly via any channel or platform.

No, I don't think it would devalue the product, all the big names in filters are sold on ebay.

You can sell it on ebay under any name that you like. Use an agent if it makes you feel easier about it.

ebay is the biggest shop window in the UK, and would get the brand name known very quickly.

We have spent close enough 80k on tooling alone on this filter , it would not make sense to put this on ebay .We are wanting to distribute this filter via merchants and distributors.
Not even contemplating selling direct to plumbers .
There are a lot of filters out there now and competition is fierce .
We are prepared to give a 10 year no quibble magnet warranty,not many filter companies will stand by that, but we will.

We have spent close enough 80k on tooling alone on this filter , it would not make sense to put this on ebay .We are wanting to distribute this filter via merchants and distributors.
Not even contemplating selling direct to plumbers .
There are a lot of filters out there now and competition is fierce .
We are prepared to give a 10 year no quibble magnet warranty,not many filter companies will stand by that, but we will.

OK, well good luck with it.

I used to own another company called boiler spares ltd , we distributed boiler components to independent boiler spares merchants all over the uk , these independent merchants used to sell on ebay as well as over the counter.
We had no objections , how the merchants sold the product . But we never sold to the public or on ebay .
If the merchants want to sell this on ebay , we cant stop them ,but we definitely will not be selling on ebay.

the forum would have no issues advertising your product i can ask admin to pm you if you want some further info?

I can certainly send you a free sample and if you like the filter , we will certainly let you know of a merchant that will supply this filter near you .
If you email me via the website , as soon as i have a sample available, i would be happy to send one to you .
Currently , i have about 90 free samples to send out , I will send yours out around middle of november .

Price?

I fit Magnacleans on almost every job (sometimes TF1s for a change-up) but i've always thought 'These things are so ****ing expensive'. It baffles me that in the age of the pound shop and dirt cheap chinese ****e that someone hasn't made a Magnaclean for half the price of a Magnaclean. I mean, it's a bit of plastic and a magnet.

EDIT: And bspareltd, if you're willing to send me a sample and you're cheaper than a magnaclean, you'll have a new customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you plan to have a similar product to the magnacleanse available?

The killer on price is the magnet , the rare neodymuim magnet is very expensive but even though we are manufacturing in the uk , we will be very competitive .
If you go onto the website holding page and email your details , we will send a sample out in mid november

Not yet but we will be doing in the future. Centramag has a similar fitting to magna clean , our next project which we have started to design is a inline filter , we would be looking to launch that hopefully in spring .

Great, i'd be happy to receive a sample and report back. Have you considered breakfast mornings at the merchants? Also do you do a 28mm version?

Last edited:
If you contact us through the website , I will send a sample out in november,
28mm filter will be manufactured soon but the most popular size is the 22mm version
Great, i'd be happy to receive a sample and report back. Have you considered breakfast mornings at the merchants? Also do you do a 28mm version?

I have used all filters, and most have plus and minus points, ain't tried yours unable to find your site?

Big game changer will be sentinels eliminator! ÂŁ69+ vat at plumbcenter, It does everything, including a valve at the bottom for emptying as the MB's etc great for sealed systems but rubbish for open vent with low head, on the SE you can open it up too to address this issue, great video on their site to how it works, double seals? only time will tell.

Had too many ceilings down or stained with MC's, their quality has gone way down and cost cutting can be seen, e.g I had an isolation valve with half of the nut missing! No spare o ring packs, white label missing off box lids regarding direction of sheath etc, eyes off the ball....plumbcenter have just increased their price on MC's also by 22%, TF1's are on offer at plumbcenter until the end of October at ÂŁ55 + vat and 28mm iirc ÂŁ80 + vat

good luck with yours what's the latest update?

When you approach a large merchants intially , they will want a introductory price for a new product .
Our product will be launched on the 1st of november , our video should be released by the end of the week , see what you think of it !!
You say the eliminator is no good for open vented systems

Last edited:
When you approach a large merchants intially , they will want a introductory price for a new product .
Our product will be launched on the 1st of november , our video should be released by the end of the week , see what you think of it !!
You say the eliminator is no good for open vented systems

Just retread my post, poorly written sorry, no the MB is no good for open vent systems as the head is not enough to clean the mag, not that they collect much anyhow!
Eliminator will sort this as you can flush or strip out to clean for both sealed & OV systems, another thing about the eliminator is the magnet slides downwards not up as others, so you can tuck it on the return right under the boiler looks neater! Try that with a MC or TF1!
Another design problem with MB3 is customers cleaning it, without turning off the boiler or pump, or when the pump is on the overrun, I saw this 1st hand, customer slide off external magnet, pump on overrun blows crap straight back into the boiler and system!
On a filter front I am very interested in non magnetic debris capture, we have a small estate nearby with 10 year old open vent systems on 10mm non barrier pipe, which are not on manifolds but 15 mm-10 mm reducers which just block up for fun! The pipes are all behind the plaster board walls on drops, we have now done 3 houses on this estate, after numerous others have failed with power flushes which just make it worse, one lady had 2 rads off, then ended up with 6 off! The debris are fish scale in shape and are non magnetic, looks like lime scale extremely hard, we do a manual rad off flush, after first cleaning out the header tank with a wet and dry vac, or all that rubbish ends up part of the problem.
i would certainly like to see how your filter copes with this scenario

You would never put the sentinel eliminator right up to the boiler as there would be no access for dosing via a funnel , so you always need distance from the bottom of the boiler and the top of the filter .
But what i did notice with the eliminator on the video , the magnets are lowered but not completely taken off as the drain valve is in the way, so this would mean if you drain the filter down the magnet field would still be present and the magnetite wouldn't be discharged .
What is stopping the non-magnetic debris in the eliminator?
With my filter there are 5 dirt separators and each separator has six 4mm holes to capture non-magnetic debris .
Just retread my post, poorly written sorry, no the MB is no good for open vent systems as the head is not enough to clean the mag, not that they collect much anyhow!
Eliminator will sort this as you can flush or strip out to clean for both sealed & OV systems, another thing about the eliminator is the magnet slides downwards not up as others, so you can tuck it on the return right under the boiler looks neater! Try that with a MC or TF1!
Another design problem with MB3 is customers cleaning it, without turning off the boiler or pump, or when the pump is on the overrun, I saw this 1st hand, customer slide off external magnet, pump on overrun blows crap straight back into the boiler and system!
On a filter front I am very interested in non magnetic debris capture, we have a small estate nearby with 10 year old open vent systems on 10mm non barrier pipe, which are not on manifolds but 15 mm-10 mm reducers which just block up for fun! The pipes are all behind the plaster board walls on drops, we have now done 3 houses on this estate, after numerous others have failed with power flushes which just make it worse, one lady had 2 rads off, then ended up with 6 off! The debris are fish scale in shape and are non magnetic, looks like lime scale extremely hard, we do a manual rad off flush, after first cleaning out the header tank with a wet and dry vac, or all that rubbish ends up part of the problem.
i would certainly like to see how your filter copes with this scenario

Last edited:
You would never put the sentinel eliminator right up to the boiler as there would be no access for dosing via a funnel , so you always need a distance from the bottom of the boiler and the top of the filter .
But what i did notice with the eliminator on the video , the magnets are lowered but not completely taken off as the drain valve is in the way, so this would mean if you drain the filter down the magnet field would still be present and the magnetite wouldn't be discharged .
What is stopping the non-magnetic debris in the eliminator?
With my filter there are 5 dirt separators and each separator has six 4mm holes to capture non-magnetic debris .
I can fit up boiler as I have a squeezable bottle with tube, so no problem.
i did not pay much attention to magnet drop, I will have a closer look as I think it can be removed completely.
Regards non magnetic debris it is spun out and falls in to a supposed low pressure zone, so stays there until cleaned, I will test one on the 4th house we are doing on the estate mentioned above.
Need to see yours really to compare.....

A cheap skate like me just buys a tub of inhibitor and pours using a funnel ,cheaper than the inhibitor with the squeezable bottle .
If water was forced down , would it not disturb the non magnetic debris and push it back into the system ?
I can fit up boiler as I have a squeezable bottle with tube, so no problem.
i did not pay much attention to magnet drop, I will have a closer look as I think it can be removed completely.
Regards non magnetic debris it is spun out and falls in to a supposed low pressure zone, so stays there until cleaned, I will test one on the 4th house we are doing on the estate mentioned above.
Need to see yours really to compare.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock