Search the forum,

Discuss Flow Limiters / Regulators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dheath

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

My questions are about Flow Limiter sometimes I think they are also called Flow Regulators. I am looking to purchase some for all my fittings ie WC, All my taps and Showers. I have a combination Boiler thus am fed of off the mains water which is reaching almost 6 bar of pressure inside the house. Instead of reducing this down at the main inlet I would like to regulate it throughout so maybe and these are only examples 3 bar of pressure to the shower - 2 bar to the bath taps and 1 bar everywhere else. I believe they connect in the pipes feeding the facilities.

So really the question is has anyone used something like this before and if so where and how did they get on with them.
Another question is what bar pressure units do you think I should get for the following appliances:-
Kitchen Taps
Washing Machine
Dish Washer
Bathroom Basins
WC
Bath Taps
Shower

Thank you again and I look forward to your replies.

Look at prv's (pressure reducing valves), there not cheap though! They screw onto the pipe that you want reduced pressure at.

as above.

however why do you want to do this, just to settle my curiosity.

and welcome to forum !!

flummexed again, just seen this was posted two months ago. i reckon he's sorted now !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply to this post - the reason I would like to do this is for one purpose only, to stop the showers ( I have two ) from going cold when someone washes the dishes or fills the kettle etc. I assumed that if I could control the amount of water that was being supplied to taps etc it would not effect the showers so much - I've tried doing it manually via ball valves but these are not very effective as they are hard to set right. In case I am correct in my assumptions I have stumbled across valves by Cottam and Preedy product code CP961 here's a link - [DLMURL="http://www.cottamandpreedy.co.uk/productdetail.php?prPgId=152"]Cottam & Preedy Ltd - Product Information[/DLMURL]

I have not purchased them yet as I'm had a hard time in identifying a plumbers merchant that stocks them - although I have now but they are still trying to source them.

If anyone has any other suggestions then I am very happy to listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flow limiters may help. They are small plastic devices which fit in the pipework. Ask at your plumbers merchant.

Would probably start by fitting them to the taps or applicances which cause the most problem and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow Limiters / Regulators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock