Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Woody123

Hi im currently refurbing my bathroom and was gonna use flexi hoses when connecting back up. i Have had alook in screwfix cat. for fittings and im a bit confused by the sizes. 22mm for the bath taps reducing own to 15mm is what i have in bath would i just buy 22mm tap connecter? i think it was 22mmx 3/4 x 300mm. is that the right one i would need to use for 22 down to 15mm?
cheers for info

it depends what size pipes you have for the bath if you have 22mm then you need 22mm to 3/4 if you have 15mm then you need 15mm to 3/4

PS try Toolstation there cheaper than screwfix

thanks for the reply mate, but what is the 3/4 measurement for? thats what im getting confused with cos there is also 1/2 you can buy. whats the difference? p.s excuse my stupidity!

3/4 is the size of the bath taps and 1/2 is the sizes for basin taps

Woody,
You may not be aware that in plumbing there is still an echo of the imperial days. So, while we have metric pipe sizes, 8mm, 10mm, 15mm, 22mm and 28mm, rather confusingly there are imperial tap connector sizes, as Ugg explained, 1/2" and 3/4".

Hence the requirement to convert from metric to imperial.... you will also discover that wastes are equally confusing with 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" traps, 32mm, 36mm and 40mm pipe sizes.

:eek:

right i think i just about got it! So for example if my pipes running up to bath are 15mm i would there for need a flexible tap connector that is 15mm x 3/4 x 300mm?:confused:

:):)
No, no, no, Woody! It's not THAT simple....
Usually there are 22mm to 3/4" flexis
or
15mm to 1/2" flexis.
The 3/4" and 1/2" measurements are the tap connecting end and the 22mm and 15mm are the pipe/tube connecting ends with the very useful flexi bit keeping them apart.
Also, did you know you can now purchase tap connecting flexis with integral service valves? A little more expensive but quicker and fewer joints/connections to leak.
Terryh

just wish i could find some 22 x 1/2" as i've had a few jobs where the customer has brought new bath taps and they have been 1/2" but the pipework is original 22mm.
bugger trying to solder a 22 x 15mm reducer on the back pipe.

Can't help with sourcing the 22mm to 1/2" flexi, I'm afraid.
Why put such a small bore tap on a bath? By the time it has filled the water will be cold :eek:
What was the customer's reasoning, ajs?
T

the reason was it was mains pressure system.
and the taps where mains pressure bath taps.
but the pipework under bath was originally from a gravity system.
as you know 3/4 tap on mains pressure will make no difference to a 1/2 tap.

im sure u can get 3/4 to 15mm but never seen a 1/2 22mm, would make sense

Just done a bathroom last weekend and you can get every combination of flexi's now.
15mm-3/4, 15mm-1/2, 22mm-3/4, 22mm-1/2 and everything else you can think of. Managed to find some odd sizes in France while looking round but left them on the shelf.

It made fitting the bath taps sooo quick. The flexi's just screw straight into the thread of the taps and compression on the pipe. Nice!!:eek:

Hi all,

anyone had any problems with a batch of Wicks / B&Q 22mm flexi hot water tap fitings over the last 2 months ?

Didnt want to start a new thread. But im looking for a flexi connector shorter than 300m in length.

Ive looked in b&q and online at screwfix and i cant find one anywhere! So do they make them and where do they sell if so?

Didnt want to start a new thread. But im looking for a flexi connector shorter than 300m in length.

Ive looked in b&q and online at screwfix and i cant find one anywhere! So do they make them and where do they sell if so?

300mm is the shortest i have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexible hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock