Search the forum,

Discuss Flame free soldering tool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had look around for a blowtorch free method for copper and came across two;

One I looked at in past and thought likely others come across and tried, Antex PipeMaster and the like - any good?

And second one, Just For Copper by a South African company, WRAS (?) approved too. Anybody seen/used?

ZIes08.jpg

Never seen or heard of somthing like this, doesnt say (unless on back) to what pressures its tested too, i think il stick to the american art of SODDER

Get out get out of my eyes. I would rather use plastic sorry.

Saw summat like that about a year ago in B&Poo, can't say if it was the South African one you just posted, because I couldn't bring myself to look at it closely. WHAT A JOKE. Then again, it only creates work for us when the ''homeowners'' feck things up

That carp in a bottle is gash!! It should be poured into the eyes of the idiot that thought it up!! Watched a demo years ago and if you turn the pipe and fitting it creaks and comes away in your hand.

Saw summat like that about a year ago in B&Poo, can't say if it was the South African one you just posted, because I couldn't bring myself to look at it closely. WHAT A JOKE. Then again, it only creates work for us when the ''homeowners'' feck things up

It was the WRAS logo that got my attention, tried to look on their site to see if legit but seems I'm not clued up enough to figure out how their search engine works.

It was the WRAS logo that got my attention, tried to look on their site to see if legit but seems I'm not clued up enough to figure out how their search engine works.

Regardless of what got you interested, I can confirm it is legit. Will I go anywhere near it? NOoooooooo. It just beggers belief that ''reputable'' companies can have such nonsense on display.

Parabola. Noun Definition.

• a symmetrical open plane curve formed by the intersection of a cone with a plane parallel to its side. The path of a projectile under the influence of gravity follows a curve of this shape.
  • The track taken by a pot of this stuff starting in the hand of a tradesman, and ending in the bin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parabola. Noun Definition.

• a symmetrical open plane curve formed by the intersection of a cone with a plane parallel to its side. The path of a projectile under the influence of gravity follows a curve of this shape.
  • The track taken by a pot of this stuff starting in the hand of a tradesman, and ending in the bin.

Blimey, I need to resume that evening classes. I'm lost with all that technology Ray. Pls keep it simple

Ive got a pair of those lol.
They actually worked too lol when i had to use them !

I've got the monument flame free soldering tool. Works by electrical inductance. It's a lot slower than using a blow torch but is useful in sensitive areas. Had to re plumb an airing cupboard lined with polystyrene tiles a few years back and didn't dare use a torch and this saved the day. I also had a job with surface drops over flock wallpaper and you couldn't use a heat mat because it crushed the wall paper.

I got it cheap at interbuild some years ago but I wouldn't pay full price for one.

I bought some of the Just For Copper(£20) a few years back, just to see what it was like. Made up some pipework and used as per instructions. Put my pressure tester on it can't remember what pressure I got upto( possibly 3 Bar) I then ended up wet!

This was a test piece, not something I was going to use in someone's property!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flame free soldering tool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock