Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing boiling water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I don't install them, don't touch anything involving elecs normally. I also have no knowledge of them or how they work or how to work on them.

But a customer emailed saying " I have a boiling water tap in my house which is running constantly - something to do with the filter. We have the replacement part to sort it out"

Presuming they do have the right part, is this something I/anyone with a spanner could do? I can fix normal taps and do most related basic plumbing nonsense.

Thanks

It might just be getting too hot and venting through the tap. Otherwise, depending on manufacturer, you should be able to sort it.

It's basically a kettle that's always boiling so don't think it will be down to a filter (might be wrong)

If in doubt ring the manufacturer if it's quooker there very good and helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing boiling water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the tap. There is a small hole (8mm?) to the side but I can’t seem to get a fixing from either a alum key or screwdriver. Ever hopeful…? Matt
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock