Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting of a plume kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

colshaws

Gas Engineer
Hi All
Hope someone can help, I have been asked to fit a new cooker hood that is to be vented to the outside and will come out directly opposite from the neighbours flue outlet which is approx 1000mm away , would this require a plume kit to divert the flue and if so does this need to be fitted by a GSR engineer, I have told the customer I am not happy to continue without advise, thanks.

Yes and yes it would need a gas safe eng to fit but depending on age of boiler they might not make one and then your in the poo, can't you vent the hood to a different place ???

Thanks for the reply, thought this would be the case, I cant vent hood elsewhere as it needs to go straight through the wall, will need to get the details of boiler and pass them onto a GSR .

Thanks for the reply, thought this would be the case, I cant vent hood elsewhere as it needs to go straight through the wall, will need to get the details of boiler and pass them onto a GSR .

I hope the neighbours are on good terms. I assume your customer will be paying for the flume kit (if available) to be fitted to neighbours boiler ?

I don't think there is anything in the instructions for ducted cooker hoods that says you can't fit where you want. And I can't find anything that says a flue over 600 mm away has to be moved.

My customer is happy to pay, just need to confirm distance from flue to new vent as I am only going on what they have told me and go from there.

Why not lift the extract hood up vertically on the outside with suitable ducting.

It'll be cheaper
It'll save hassle with the neighbour
And it will stop the nuisense of the extract discharge onto the neighbour's property.

Thanks for the suggestion , Ill run that past the customer. Customer has just sent me a very bad picture but looks like existing flue may be to close to the boundary so may be the neighbours problem, will check measurements tomorrow.

I don't think there is anything in the instructions for ducted cooker hoods that says you can't fit where you want. And I can't find anything that says a flue over 600 mm away has to be moved.

distance from opening/terminal across is 1200mm

Not the cooker hoods problem

Surely if its not allowed to put a flue within 1200 of a cooker hood for safety reasons then it would be common sense not to fit the cooker hood within 1200 of the already fitted flue, I certainly wont be doing it..

Alex, I know the term to term but where does the 2000 come from?

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg

Building regs dimensions are used in the M.Is, so I would go with them.
B.S is a recommendation only.
Sorry the 2m is a recommendation is what I meant

Last edited:
Building regs dimensions are used in the M.Is, so I would go with them.
B.S is a recommendation only.
Sorry the 2m is a recommendation is what I meant

MIs mention to us:

BRITISH STANDARDS
Where no specific instruction is given, reference should be made to the relevant British Standard Codes of Practice.
BS 7074:1 Code of practice for domestic and hot water supply
BS 6891 Installation of low pressure gas pipe work up to 35mm (R11⁄4 )
BS 5546 Installation of gas hot water supplies for domestic purposes
EN 12828 Central heating for domestic premises
BS 5440:1 Flues and ventilation for gas appliances of rated heating not exceeding 70kW (net): Flues
BS 5440:2 Flues and ventilation for gas appliances of rated heating not exceeding 70kW (net): Air Supply
BS 7593 Treatment of water in domestic hot water central heating systems
BS 6798 Installation of gas fired boilers of rated input up to 70kW (net)

If this is still going on at midnight, remind me I have to pick my daughter up from the airport please. Lol

If this is still going on at midnight, remind me I have to pick my daughter up from the airport please. Lol

Here's one.. What would you do if a RS flue from your neighbour is puffing straight into your window from 1200mm away?

How did AP answer your question a minute before you put it on the thread Alex, you two in the same room, lol

No, I did it, got home at 2 am after dropping her 2 friends off and listening to what a great time we've had, it was great, it was fantastic we want to go back, wish they had said that 3 hours before I could have been in bed at 10, instead of 2 o'clock then up at 5-50 for work.

How did AP answer your question a minute before you put it on the thread Alex, you two in the same room, lol

He's a magician and can see through the walls! :angel_smile:
I can't see your answer...

An update if anyone is interested, the boiler is a Main 30 ecotec elite, I dont know the install date, the boundary fence is 600mm from the neighbours property and the flue extends 580mm straight out horizontally from the neighbours wall with the customers house about 500mm away on their side. I have a current version of gas safety on site guide (currently training to become GSR) so the flue is wrong as I see it but how long has this measurement been a requirement. I dont want to tell the customers neighbour their flue is incorrect if it was okay at the time of installation.

An update if anyone is interested, the boiler is a Main 30 ecotec elite, I dont know the install date, the boundary fence is 600mm from the neighbours property and the flue extends 580mm straight out horizontally from the neighbours wall with the customers house about 500mm away on their side. I have a current version of gas safety on site guide (currently training to become GSR) so the flue is wrong as I see it but how long has this measurement been a requirement. I dont want to tell the customers neighbour their flue is incorrect if it was okay at the time of installation.

from the face of the wall (neighbours where the boiler is located) it extends 580mm?? and chance of a pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting of a plume kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock