Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Kitchen Tap Flexi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Bought a new kitchen tap and I am unsure how you are supposed to fit the flexi pipes to the tap as the connections are deep in the tap, any ideas? Don’t think a box spanner will get in there. Its a Astracast elera TP0771.
IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3009.JPG

Screw it in until you can't turn any more (normally they state hand tight)

Yes I hate this design , as Shaun says hand tight but concentrate as you are tightening you actually get a feel when the brade is going to twist , you will know what I mean

Put some sort of lubrication on the o-rings prior to attaching them.
That way the 0-rings won't tear or not seal completely.

With the design of tap you have purchased, you only have the option of doing the flexi's up as tight as you can do by hand.

Great tap design - gives confidence is making a water tight joint.

Hand tight should be enough, and is probably what the manufacturer's instructions call for. If you're really unhappy, you can probably dismantle the tap from the top down and get access to where they screw into the body of the tap. You could then give them a nip up with a spanner, but it must be a nip and no more.

If the o-ring is past the opening of the fitting it'll seal as well hand tight as it would be if you cranked it up to the max with some kind of tool.

When an o-ring is properly sized and has nowhere to go it'll seal very well. As long as they can't twist back out somehow, which they can't when piped up, they will seal fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting Kitchen Tap Flexi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it is earthed. The new tap will use flexible tails and so will not be earth bonded. My initial search for information suggests that there is no legal...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock