Discuss fitting dunsley neutraliser / h2 panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkjon

current set up: open vented cylinder, oil rayburn with backboiler (previously converted from solid fuel)

the plan: install condensing system boiler, convert rayburn back to solid fuel. link up the two with dunsley / h2

the question:
boiler install is free with grant. they probably won't be willing to link the two systems! how much work involved in the link up if i get a contractor in to do this after the grant people have gone. what do i need to ensure they do / don't do to make susbsequent link up as straightforward as possible.

It would make sense to get the heating installer to do the job at the same time, see how much they would charge you because it got to be a lot easier than trying to do it after

depends where the boiler is sited, the rayburn is sited, where your cylinder is and where you intend to site the dunsley. It could be quite a lot of work to link them up after the install to be honest unless they are all sited in close proximity. you'll need an extra pump also.

I would recommend asking the installers as said above it might not be as simple as chucking it on the wall and connecting the 2 into it.

Last edited:
I take it that you haven't had your info from warm front yet. All the people I know who have had this 'grant' have had to pay a small fortune on top. Like I said before, it would be interesting to get your feedback once they've been in touch.

You need someone who has fitted Dunsleys before.
I fitted one in my Son's house, Oil boiler and Solid fuel.

And no I'm not offering to fit yours, but can offer guidance.

I take it that you haven't had your info from warm front yet. All the people I know who have had this 'grant' have had to pay a small fortune on top. Like I said before, it would be interesting to get your feedback once they've been in touch.
OK - will keep you updated on the cost

thanks all for your help. i agree would be ideal if the boiler installers could do it. not sure how cooperative they are going to be though.

cylinder is directly above rayburn at the moment. new cylinder will be in same position, but connected to the new boiler which will be outside somewhere. i'm assuming existing pipework from rayburn back boiler can be used for the link up(?)

i'm hoping for someone familiar with the set up it should be a fairly straightforward job?

also anybody any thoughts on best bit of kit for link up? dunsley/h2 panel/esse centraliser?

H2 panel would be my prefered option as I have very good results every time I have fitted one

current set up: open vented cylinder, oil rayburn with backboiler (previously converted from solid fuel)

the plan: install condensing system boiler, convert rayburn back to solid fuel. link up the two with dunsley / h2

the question:
boiler install is free with grant. they probably won't be willing to link the two systems! how much work involved in the link up if i get a contractor in to do this after the grant people have gone. what do i need to ensure they do / don't do to make susbsequent link up as straightforward as possible.

Hi, Did you get your new system installed ? Im looking at doing something similar. Convert Stanley Superstar back to SF and link up with a h2 panel to a new oil boiler. Problem is ive got the oil boiler manufacturers saying it would invalidate the warranty and my only option for link up is a Thermal store...Anyone else had a similar problem or have managed to circumvent this ?

Hi, Did you get your new system installed ? Im looking at doing something similar. Convert Stanley Superstar back to SF and link up with a h2 panel to a new oil boiler. Problem is ive got the oil boiler manufacturers saying it would invalidate the warranty and my only option for link up is a Thermal store...Anyone else had a similar problem or have managed to circumvent this ?

What oil boiler is it?

See the Dunsley site. They are fine for retrofits. Obviously a thermal store cylinder is a better bet but it's more expensive. Take care to follow the Dunsley instructions closely to ensure the installation is safe and functions correctly. Still subject to Building Regs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting dunsley neutraliser / h2 panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back