Search the forum,

Discuss fitting an extra balance valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thedeester1

So I have been reading a lot. I have a vented Y plan system with a conventional boiler. Even when I set up everything with my thermostatic multi meter I think I am losing condensing at the boiler when I heat hot water. My current hot water loop goes through the pump then the 3 position valve, through the tank coil and then straight back to the boiler. When Im heating water the return to the boiler is often very hot. Would it pay to put a gate valve on the bottom of the water heating coil to hold the heated water in the tank coil longer???

Lol. The internet gives more questions than answers. All that information but seldom the answer you seek. You get bits of this and that and 2 days later you are no more further forward.
To answer your question,
Do whatever turns you on and makes you feel happy. If you want to go chopping pipes on a Saturday morning more power to your hacksaw but don't expect a payback from a 2 pound gate valve

Lol. The internet gives more questions than answers. All that information but seldom the answer you seek. You get bits of this and that and 2 days later you are no more further forward.
To answer your question,
Do whatever turns you on and makes you feel happy. If you want to go chopping pipes on a Saturday morning more power to your hacksaw but don't expect a payback from a 2 pound gate valve

Well it's not a massive deal to fit and as you say it only costs 2 quid. If it does work then great if it doesn't then I'm half a beer down. If nothing else it will give me another isolating point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting an extra balance valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This valve is fitted to the lower heating coil of the hot water cylinder Can anyone say what is the point of it I have been told its a thermostatic valve to control hot water temp so would have thought it may be in the wrong position ?Any explanations welcome
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating and 4 double ~1000mm radiators , hot water cylinder coil , and oil boiler
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock