Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a towel radiator between the boiler and pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a gas boiler in the kitchen downstairs, and the 22mm feed and return go across the ceiling (in the joists) to the airing cupboard where the pump and valve (diverter valve for CH and HW) are. Between the boiler and pump the 22mm passes under our bathroom, and I would like to fit a towel radiator there (so it would heat when either the CH or DHW are demanding heat from the boiler) . . .
. . . but can I tap into the 22mm feed and return BETWEEN the boiler and the pump? Or will that just not work? Do I have to run a feed from the airing cupboard after the pump?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Robert

Hi
You will need to tee in after the pump. Won't work otherwise. The return can be joined into the main run.
The rad will then be on whenever the boiler fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting a towel radiator between the boiler and pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock