Search the forum,

Discuss First time buyer needing boiler advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luke2611

So I'm looking at moving in to a property I've purchased in the next few weeks and I made the mistake of not asking enough questions about the boiler when I made my offer.
Currently it has a Halstead Quattro Gold and is over 15 years old. I know the life of a modern day boiler would be 15-20 years old so it is something I would be looking at replacing almost straight away.
Can anyone give me a very rough price on a replacement please,boiler and labour costs combined. I know that a plumber would need to see the old boiler set up first before giving an exact price but it's just a very rough price I'm looking for please.
Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to answer me

£2500 Should be a bartering figure that I would go for.

Thanks for that,it gives me a rough idea to be working with. I think I was stupid in thinking a new boiler would be around 1800 quid. Would you agree that if it's over 15 years old that it would be a good idea to change it pretty soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First time buyer needing boiler advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least three times a day. Trying to eliminate what the cause could be. Appreciate that it could be a leak somewhere, but looking to tackle one issue at a...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock