Search the forum,

Discuss firebird 90 overheating on CH mode. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It originally started leaking from the DHW heat exchanger seal, I replaced all the seals and since then the boiler overheats/boils when in CH mode. I have replaced the stat but no change.

I am sure the DHW seals are just a coincidence.

The seals have probably perished dew to overheating but does in not over heat in HW

Its probably a circulation problem,,, look at the HW pump inside the boiler , CH pump

Sorry just noticed is this on open forum ,,, my appoligies cropp,

Hi Kris,

I am a GSR but not an Oftec engineer, I suspected the Pump so I retained one from a gas boiler, I guess they are interchangeable. they look like a standard circulating pump.

Hi Kris,

I am a GSR but not an Oftec engineer, I suspected the Pump so I retained one from a gas boiler, I guess they are interchangeable. they look like a standard circulating pump.

Check the heatbank sensor is fully pushed home into the pocket, have you got circulation on the heating at all op?

Just checked again as I have had it turned off, the rads are scalding to the touch and the boiler is boiling, literally.

Surely the hi limit stat should cause it to lock out before it boils even if the external controls were faulty?

prehaps a new boiler stat needed and check the stats are all in the pocket so they can work as per TFGs comment

Just to say that their are two liquid expansion stat capsules in the pocket and one just hanging loose on its own.

I replaced the pump just because I had one laying around and the problem still exists.

I had one do a very similar thing but on dhw, and it was the heat bank sensor relay. Check it, it must have 240v on terminal 2 when satisfied.

You have changed the control stat?

I personally would check that the dhw flow switch is open circuit when the hot taps are off, just for good measure.

Give firebird tech a ring they are really helpful.

Also make sure all the vials are in their pockets, and they must be pushed fully in or they wont work correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to firebird 90 overheating on CH mode. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock